What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Air 2 Charging Time

Knightoftheapp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hello,

I've heard it said that it takes about 3.5 to 4 hours for the iPad Air 2 to fully charge up. Is there any way to speed that up? Thanks.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello - the iPad Air 2 can be charged w/ either a 10 W (5V x 2Amps) or a 12 W (5V x 2.4Amps) charger, so I'm assuming that you are using one w/ that wattage; of course, lesser wattage chargers (e.g. 5V x 1A or USB ports) will require a more prolonged or trickle charge - so, let us know what charger(s) you are using. Dave :)

Last edited:

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Enabling Airplane Mode while charging will reduce the time needed to charge your device.
It will also need less time when you turn it off completely while charging.

OP
Knightoftheapp

Knightoftheapp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hello - the iPad Air 2 can be charged w/ either a 10 W (5V x 2Amps) or a 12 W (5V x 2.4Amps) charger, so I'm assuming that you are using one w/ that wattage; of course, lesser wattage chargers (e.g. 5V x 1A or USB ports) will require a more prolonged or trickle charge - so, let us know what charger(s) you are using. Dave :)

All I have is the charger that came the ipad.

OP
Knightoftheapp

Knightoftheapp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Here's an interesting YouTube video on this subject. Tell me what you think.

rasmith1959

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Oh brother... Wonder how many people fell for this garbage.

Roy

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

eddieg

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I bet if you put that load of bull in the microwave it would cut the charging time in half!

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here's an interesting YouTube video on this subject. Tell me what you think.

I think the Escaped Electrical Potential is not the only thing that had escaped. The more I looked and listened to that video the more I got those dreaded Diminishing Returns;)
Andrew

Sent from my iPad Air2 using Tapatalk

OP
Knightoftheapp

Knightoftheapp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well, as it turns out, I have both the 10 volt charger and the 12 volt charger. The cord on the 12 volt charger is frayed (see photo). My question is, can I safely connect the cord from the 10 volt charger to the 12 volt charger and not have it cause any problems for my iPad? And yes, both chargers are Apple products.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 285

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, it's possible. The same happened to my iPad Air's charging cable this week.
image.jpeg

Now I'm using my iPhone's cable with my iPad's adapter, my iPad is charging without problems.
The cables are the same, afaik. The power adapters are different.

OP
Knightoftheapp

Knightoftheapp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes, it's possible. The same happened to my iPad Air's charging cable this week.
View attachment 66784
Now I'm using my iPhone's cable with my iPad's adapter, my iPad is charging without problems.
The cables are the same, afaik. The power adapters are different.

Do you know what causes the cable to be frayed like that?

Most reactions

Latest posts