What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I-Pad Air 2 with battery problems

agh55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an I-Pad Air 2 approx. 11 months old with battery problems. The battery lasts approx. 4 hours. I erased all content and settings and now the battery lasts considerably longer, however once the battery is fully charged and starts to discharge through usage, the "time since last charge showing usage and standby disappears after a couple of hours and is replaced by 2 dashes. Also has the low power mode disappeared after I loaded the latest software IOS 10.1.1 .Its on my I-phone but not the iPad, is this correct.

Also how long should the battery last, I don't download films just browsing.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello Agh55 - first, if this is a new iPad Air 2 purchased through an Apple store, Apple online, or Apple affiliate, then you are still under a one year warranty (longer if AppleCare was also bought) - thus, you can always (not much time left if 1-year warranty) visit an Apple Store, if available to you, for a diagnostic evaluation of the iPad's battery.

Second if the above is not applicable (e.g. used iPad), then checkout my posts in this recent THREAD - there I discuss how to evaluate your battery's health and also how to reset the battery monitoring technology of the LiIon batteries used in these devices. I have an iPad Air 2 that showed a 'poor' battery health to me relative to its age, a reset restored the monitoring to what I expected. Let us know your results - good luck. Dave :)

OP
A

agh55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello Agh55 - first, if this is a new iPad Air 2 purchased through an Apple store, Apple online, or Apple affiliate, then you are still under a one year warranty (longer if AppleCare was also bought) - thus, you can always (not much time left if 1-year warranty) visit an Apple Store, if available to you, for a diagnostic evaluation of the iPad's battery.

Second if the above is not applicable (e.g. used iPad), then checkout my posts in this recent THREAD - there I discuss how to evaluate your battery's health and also how to reset the battery monitoring technology of the LiIon batteries used in these devices. I have an iPad Air 2 that showed a 'poor' battery health to me relative to its age, a reset restored the monitoring to what I expected. Let us know your results - good luck. Dave :)

OP
A

agh55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Giradman, thanks for your response, my I-Pad falls in to the first option. I contacted Apple Support, they run diagnostics and confirmed my battery was OK, they asked me to erase everything and check if the problem has been solved. Battery is lasting longer and the battery usage and standby hasn't disappeared, finger crossed. Ill come back again and give you an update.

Most reactions