What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad addiction

wolfeslad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok so after waking up and reading the paper on my iPad I check Facebook on my iPad then I check IPF, then I took the kids out to the shops so I could buy myself a case and stylus,,,,,,,,,,

Yep that's addicted :p

Sent from my jb iPad 2 using iPF

jduncan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anybody else get upset when all the other stuff gets in the way of iPad time? Adds new meaning to being frequency challenged.

wheems

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jduncan said:
Anybody else get upset when all the other stuff gets in the way of iPad time? Adds new meaning to being frequency challenged.

O yes! A few moments ago, my other half wanted to put in a movie to watch and I immediately turned into a bit of a pouty child because that would mean I'd *have to* get off the iPad and watch said movie...

IpadDope

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Although we bought our iPad 2 for the family, I must admit I hog it most of the time (and love it!)

==> Written by an iPad dope using the iPF app on a 32gb wi-fi iPad 2. Arrived in the Apple world in June 2011.

teralpar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought my iPad Mini almost a year and I'll admit I was pretty addicted, but was also addicted to my Kindle. I traded that for an iPad Mini w/Retina last week and now I'm super addicted! I haven't touched my Kindle since. I awake to my iPad (it's my alarm clock), the first thing I do before I get out of bed is check my bank account and Facebook on it, then I'm on it throughout the day, although I try to leave it alone while I'm at work. Then it's usually the last thing I use before bedtime...checking Facebook, iPad Forums, and KBoards. I usually fall asleep with the cover still open!

Elux72

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Inasmuch as I use them constantly for all things personal, creative, and social, I'm certainly addicted to my iPads, and it's not uncommon for me to have the two iPads plus the iPhone going simultaneously. I have an additional addiction, however. Several times a week, I open the Settings on all devices and go through them simultaneously, down to the last item, to make sure they all match. Practically speaking, this is sometimes necessary, as the settings sometimes do change of their own accord; for example, when an updated app adds itself to the notification center, or a newly-downloaded app adds itself to the iCloud backup, but I freely admit this constant checking is obsessive.

I've also fallen asleep countless times with all three devices scattered over the bed, covers open and apps still running away. I used to look at those around me who had their noses buried in their iPads or iPhones in wonder; now, I completely 'get it'.

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The iMac in my office snoozes most of the day, since the bulk of my online tasks are more comfortably accomplished on my iPad, feet-up in my living room La-Z-Boy.

We've taken two multi-week road trips with the iPad serving as my only camera, only computer, and only phone (via wifi and Talkatone). I've been pleasantly surprised by its capability and versatility.

But addicted? No way. I can quit anytime I want. Really, I can. No, I mean really...

This post handcrafted from 100 percent post-consumer recycled electrons.

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I bought the iPad mini and was immediately hooked. I bought the iPad 4 last year and can hardly put it down. My Linux machine doesn't get much use anymore because of the versatility of the iPads.

Who needs a 12 step program when one can live comfortably in denial? :)

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well now... Guess I can stop feeling guilty... Thanks alot!

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Although we bought our iPad 2 for the family, I must admit I hog it most of the time (and love it!) ==> Written by an iPad dope using the iPF app on a 32gb wi-fi iPad 2. Arrived in the Apple world in June 2011.

Just wait. We started with one iPad for the four of us and now we EACH have our own! It's like a bag of Doritos when you have the munchies..... Ya just can't stand to let someone else have it! :)

You'll end up with another one or three soon enough. ;)

Most reactions

Latest posts