What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I've become a Numbers addict!

Jockscrap

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I never could get the hang of Excel, and avoided spreadsheets at all costs, but since getting the Numbers app, I've been messing about with it all the time and I think I have become addicted.
I've made a spreadsheet of Christmas presents I'm sending, and marking them when purchased, a car spreadsheet with info on when the cars' MOTs, tax, insurance etc is due, alongside with all the other info I need to find before renewing insurance, birthday present received/thank you letter written table, etc etc etc. I've also made a couple of tables today that involved me working out real formula for the cells, and I've used algebra for the first time in ages, so I'm feeling quite proud of myself.

Anyone else becoming ( or is already) a bit of spreadsheet geek?

Only annoyance I've found with Numbers so far is the huge page margins it creates, which makes the tables smaller than they need be, when converting to Excel for me to see on my PC.

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I took several Excel courses back in the day, but I'm not a rocket scientist and although Excel can do an enormous amount of work I never used most of it. I agree that Numbers is much more intuitive and user-friendly. It certainly fits the old Apple slogan "For the rest of us". :)

Last edited:

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I agree. Not a big fan of excel and since getting my first iPhone, I've found Numbers so much easier to do! I thought it was just me but loads of people hate excel.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ive been wanting a spreadsheet app and after reading the reviews and whatever I think I will just go with Numbers. Iman intermediate spreadsheet user, BTW.

Most reactions

Latest posts