What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 4 - Reloading Firmware (iTunes error code -1 all the time )

mkultra

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It really starting to bug me that my iPad 4 keeps turning on or off by itself, its an early Oct 2014 Model, so battery cannot be the problem, backed up everything, even set my iPad in DFU mode loads 100% and then my latest iTunes on my Win7 machine says error code -1 or error code 9 sometimes, i have uninstalled itunes, used various original USB lightning cables also refreshed DNS and edited host files to custom and standard yet we still cannot reload iPad iOS 8.3 firmware.

Can anyone advise what we could do about this ?

Thanks

Attachments

• iTunes Error.png
    iTunes Error.png
    492.9 KB · Views: 336

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Those errors have to do with security issues. Have you disabled or turned off any firewall and anti-virus programs on your computer? If not, do so and try again.

OP
mkultra

mkultra

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have done that and it kicked me to an error code9, I also already mentioned that I have used the Higher power usb slots on laptop also tried 3 different lightning cables.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Your computer may have had an interruption in your internet connection while the restore was in progress.

Also, if you have another computer, you could try with it to rule out a problem with the computer itself.

OP
mkultra

mkultra

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would like to use my Linux mint machine as i trust it more than Windows 7,, Could anyone advise what software to use for loading iPad/apple firmware on a mint 17.2 systema ?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You'll have to use your Windows computer. There's no version of iTunes designed to run on Linux computers.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Did you also turn off the default Windows firewall in addition to any others you already turned off?

BTW, I've deleted the other thread you started on this same topic. Starting more than one thread for one topic can fragment any resulting conversations, making them difficult to follow, as well as being against our rules.

Most reactions