What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 4 Delivery Method

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Anyone order an iPad 3 or something similar from Apple lately?
Just wondering what method of shipment they use (UPS, FedEx) and if it needs to be signed for?

Would suck if they try to deliver requiring signature and I'm not home....being a Friday delivery I wouldn't get it until at least Monday.
Thanks....

mdholm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've had to sign for anything I've ordered from Apple...iPad 3, iPhone 5, even the lightning adapter which came separately from the phone. When my son was waiting on his 5, he left signed instructions for the delivery driver to toss it over the gate into the backyard. He did.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Go up on their website....they have some options there you can select regarding your delivery (sign to leave with neighbor, etc.).

Jkeeley1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm also interested in how apple delivers. It will help me predict the time. If its UPS it's morning, FedEx is afternoon, if it's USPS I can probably just report it damaged now and save some time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mdholm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jkeeley1 said:
I'm also interested in how apple delivers. It will help me predict the time. If its UPS it's morning, FedEx is afternoon, if it's USPS I can probably just report it damaged now and save some time.

My Apple deliveries come via UPS. I don't know if that applies everywhere.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think they use FedEx when possible.

FedEx use other carriers for final shipment on occasion.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
buerkletucson

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Now that there is darn good humor............to bad it's completely true.
I would think Apple knows better than that.

Thanks guys for your replies......checking with the shippers website is a great idea.
Hopefully I get shipping information tomorrow.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
buerkletucson said:
Now that there is darn good humor............to bad it's completely true.
I would think Apple knows better than that.

Thanks guys for your replies......checking with the shippers website is a great idea.
Hopefully I get shipping information tomorrow.

The unfortunate thing is that the humor would work in Canada and the UK too. I don't think any of the national postal services have ever come to terms with actually having to do their job. FedEx, TNT and UPS would have wiped them out years ago if they didn't retain the monopoly of letter post.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are you telling me that iPads aren't delivered by fairies? I'm going to keep believing that till proven otherwise.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
Are you telling me that iPads aren't delivered by fairies? I'm going to keep believing that till proven otherwise.

Have you LOOKED at Tim Cook lately? Case closed.

OP
buerkletucson

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Have you LOOKED at Tim Cook lately? Case closed.

Ouch! :D

Now that there is EXCELLENT humor....this thread just keeps getting better all the time. :thumbs:

Last edited:

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
buerkletucson said:
Ouch! :D

Now that there is EXCELLENT humor....this thread just keeps getting better all the time. :thumbs:

You will get an email when Apple ships your new iPad. It will have a shipping number that you can click on and it will take you to the carrier's website. It is really interesting to watch the iPad's progress as it leaves China and into the USA. (I'm assuming you are in the USA?)

OP
buerkletucson

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You will get an email when Apple ships your new iPad. It will have a shipping number that you can click on and it will take you to the carrier's website. It is really interesting to watch the iPad's progress as it leaves China and into the USA. (I'm assuming you are in the USA?)

Yea, last time I checked Minnesota was in the USA. :p
These ship directly from China? I didn't know that.......wow that will be cool. We get free chop sticks with each order?

Thanks for the info!

Last edited:

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wherever you are, there's a good chance that your iPad will pass through Memphis. The FedEx system is truly amazing. They take over Memphis Airport completely every night. I worked for them years ago. In those days, the statistic was that a FedEx plane took off once a minute. Who knows how many it is now?

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
buerkletucson said:
Yea, last time I checked Minnesota was in the USA. :p
These ship directly from China? I didn't know that.......wow that will be cool.

Thanks for the info!

Sorry, I didn't check your profile. I lived in Golden Valley, for four winters. Brrr...your iPad will probably arrive in Memphis and fly up to Minneapolis and from there driven north on 35E. If you feel secure in your homestead, you can fill out an online form waiving your signature. If you don't waive the signature requirement, the carrier will leave a note and tell you the nearest FedEx depot (or UPS) and you can pick it up from there.

Most reactions

Latest posts