What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad 4 connecting to go pro camera via the go pro app

TGR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
g'day I'm battling a bit here trying to connect my go pro hero 3 camera to the go pro app, my is pad is a wifi only iPad with no internal sim, so do you think that's the issue. Because to unable photos through the app I need to connect go pro app in my wifi menu on my I pad and when I do that it drops my house wifi off so then the photos don't import over because my I pad has no internet connection? Sorry if this is worded in a confusing manner but I don't even know what I'm talking about here.
If anyone could help that would be great.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Sorry to say that's the way it works. The iPad can only handle one wi-fi connection at a time, so when you connect to the Go-Pro via the app you're going to lose your home wi-fi, and vice-versa.

I don't have a Go-Pro, so I can't help with details, but you're probably going to have to two-step your photo transfers. Copy them to the iPad first while connected to one network, then transfer them off the iPad after connecting to the other.

There might be a better way; so I'd go to the Go-Pro website and explore any support or how-to's they have.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
g'day I'm battling a bit here trying to connect my go pro hero 3 camera to the go pro app, my is pad is a wifi only iPad with no internal sim, so do you think that's the issue. Because to unable photos through the app I need to connect go pro app in my wifi menu on my I pad and when I do that it drops my house wifi off so then the photos don't import over because my I pad has no internet connection? Sorry if this is worded in a confusing manner but I don't even know what I'm talking about here. If anyone could help that would be great.
I have something similar with a Samsung camera.
The camera establishes it's own Wi-Fi, and as soon as your iPad is connected to it, and you take a picture while on camera Wi-Fi, the photo is transferred to your iPad. It doesn't sync pictures to the iDevice afterwards. The moment you take photo, and the camera is not connected to the iPad, the only possibility to get these to your Photo app is to use something like a Camera Connection Kit, where you can insert the SD card.

OP
T

TGR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for your advice

Most reactions

Latest posts