What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Supercam Pro app

warcloudwells

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi. Frst post after new Xmas Ipad.

Trying to access my home's four-channel security cam using Supercam. Two apps are Supercam and Supercam Pro. Supercam is the stripped-down version of PRO and works good as simple online viewer on our new IPad.

The Pro version times out with CONNECTION BROKEN after a 30-second try. It looks like it is trying to connect, but just times out.

Q1: how to extend connect time in settings menu?
Q2: Anyone use Supercam Pro? I searched this forum without hits.

My security cam system has always been remotely viewable via windows laptop and IE with good WiFi.

Thanks all...Happy New Year
warcloudwells

zuritero

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am having the same problem, the connection times out with my iPhone (verizon) and my iPAD (wifi). Q-see's technical support should get back to me tomorrow and let me know if my DVR needs a firmware update not yet available. Supercam is able to connect from a phone using android.

OP
W

warcloudwells

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good luck with their firmware techs. I pushed them hard last year for their Android functionality, and they were slow. I'm not sure why they don't issue a block upgrade for the DVR's instead of a new App.

Please keep us posted on your progress.

zuritero

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dear Warcloudwells,

So I finally figured out my problem. The reason why my iPhone or iPad was not able to connect is because I changed the default "server" port; you can change the HTTP port to whatever number ( I usually try to go above 10000) but the server port has to be left alone.

Both Supercam and Supercam Pro are able to connect.

This problem seems to be specific to the iOS devices because I had no problems connecting with an Android phone (Droid X) using custom ports (HTTP & Sever). BTW, I never had problems with iExplorer.

I did spend several hours with tech support, they even escalated my issue to their highest level, however, they never offered me a solution; I am a bit surprised they are not aware of this.

Hope this info helps.

charbw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just got this App and it works well on my Ipad except I get no audio and can see no way to turn audio on or off. From my PC going to my DVR (QT428) directly to its URL I get audio OK. I would appreciate any inputs.

Thanks

Most reactions

Latest posts