What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 3....What would you like to see or predict for the next model.

china_cat84

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad 2 is cool said:
You can't be serious, market forces and shifts cannot be governed by those who arrive late to the table, I mean welcome and thanks for buying, but those of us who get in early like to see upgrades, I agree 10 months is a bit too early (I am referring to the UK market).

A friend of mine got given the iPad 1 for Valentines day by his not so tech savvy girlfriend, he was gutted as he knew about the pending iPad 2 release (March 25th in UK). I think he is planning to change girlfriend soon....only kidding.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

I'm not saying that Apple should have waited to release iPad 2, I was just saying that I felt sorry for those who purchased right before Apple announced the release. Sheesh.

OP
iPad 2 is cool

iPad 2 is cool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
china_cat84 said:
I'm not saying that Apple should have waited to release iPad 2, I was just saying that I felt sorry for those who purchased right before Apple announced the release. Sheesh.

Oh no, I agree with you, I too feel for those people, but I must say that before I invest £700 I do all my research from the official and the rumour sites.

b00bie

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Apple is VERY consistent with their product refresh schedules. When I bought my iPad in October I knew that there would be a new one out in April but I just didn't want to wait for another six months for the refresh. I don't feel bad or think I made the wrong decision. I understood what I was getting. With that said I am already saving for my iPad3 and will be preordering one as soon as it is available (hoping for an A6 quad core).

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
b00bie said:
Apple is VERY consistent with their product refresh schedules. When I bought my iPad in October I knew that there would be a new one out in April but I just didn't want to wait for another six months for the refresh. I don't feel bad or think I made the wrong decision. I understood what I was getting. With that said I am already saving for my iPad3 and will be preordering one as soon as it is available (hoping for an A6 quad core).

I am totally in agreement! I knew iPad 2 was coming but couldn't wait so bought the original and will wait for the 3 to come out.

meowmiller

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just purchased the camera/sd card adaptor, but I would still like an SD or USB slot.

Also purchased the smart cover & simply love it. Even though I found an awesome Vera Bradley case I still wish for a protective skin of some type similar to or matching the smart cover.

I rather miss the clock app that my iPhone has.

OP
iPad 2 is cool

iPad 2 is cool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
meowmiller said:
I just purchased the camera/sd card adaptor, but I would still like an SD or USB slot.

Also purchased the smart cover & simply love it. Even though I found an awesome Vera Bradley case I still wish for a protective skin of some type similar to or matching the smart cover.

I rather miss the clock app that my iPhone has.

Loads of excellent free clocks available. Get Dropbox and Goodreader apps, your need for USB with the iPad will then hopefully vanish.

Thphilli

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Frankly, the hardware is not what needs a refresh. The OS is boring and was outdated when the ipad launched a year ago. There is no need for all sorts of advanced hardware when you are dealing with a few pages of icons and playing some HD video and games. Apple needs to RADICALLY change their OS adding all sorts of "revolutionary" features straight from Android before a hardware refresh even becomes necessary. Widgets, radical change to notifications, at least partial access to file system, etc, etc, etc.

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thphilli said:
Frankly, the hardware is not what needs a refresh. The OS is boring and was outdated when the ipad launched a year ago. There is no need for all sorts of advanced hardware when you are dealing with a few pages of icons and playing some HD video and games. Apple needs to RADICALLY change their OS adding all sorts of "revolutionary" features straight from Android before a hardware refresh even becomes necessary. Widgets, radical change to notifications, at least partial access to file system, etc, etc, etc.

TOTALLY AGREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Never thought about that!

OP
iPad 2 is cool

iPad 2 is cool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thphilli said:

One of the first things I wrote when I joined the forum a while back now. Such a large amazing screen, such poor real estate !!! Hopefully, knowing how Steve Jobs operates, this is coming and soon. Chances are it will be amazing and it will blow you away.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thphilli said:

Let's see what goodies come our way on Monday!

The Archangel

mac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree, but I'm not holding my breath. OSX hasn't made any quantum leaps forward in the past 10 years. And a major change of iOS to accommodate the larger screen of the iPad would mean that Apple would effectively end up having to support 3 OS's. One of them for what is still really a relatively niche market.

I hope I'm wrong, after all Google will be supporting 3 OS's soon for laptops, phones, and tablets. So let's see what happens on Monday.

OP
iPad 2 is cool

iPad 2 is cool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mac said:
I agree, but I'm not holding my breath. OSX hasn't made any quantum leaps forward in the past 10 years. And a major change of iOS to accommodate the larger screen of the iPad would mean that Apple would effectively end up having to support 3 OS's. One of them for what is still really a relatively niche market.

I hope I'm wrong, after all Google will be supporting 3 OS's soon for laptops, phones, and tablets. So let's see what happens on Monday.

Guys, sorry, I am missing something, is Monday a momentous day ? Is that the iOS 5 release date or something ?

Pardon my ignorance.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What cave or rock have you been living under, Shahinul? . It's icloud day. Or Lion day. Or 5 day! Can't wait!

What Gab says!

sent with love from my iPad on IPF

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad 2 is cool said:
Guys, sorry, I am missing something, is Monday a momentous day ? Is that the iOS 5 release date or something ?

Pardon my ignorance.

Monday is the developer conference and Apple have already stated that SJ will be announcing OSX Lion, iOS 5 and iCloud.

The Archangel

OP
iPad 2 is cool

iPad 2 is cool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
Monday is the developer conference and Apple have already stated that SJ will be announcing OSX Lion, iOS 5 and iCloud.

The Archangel

Will watch out for that. Thanks.

Most reactions

Latest posts