What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 3....What would you like to see or predict for the next model.

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
Think i speak for everyone here, the ability to print legit and legal money on the go would be nice ;)

OP
iPad 2 is cool

iPad 2 is cool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
PCUK said:
All I want is cursor arrows and a forward delete on the keyboard. Not too much to ask, is it?

Oh, and a tiny compatible portable printer!

Sadly I appear to be spouting a lot of Steve Jobs mantra at the moment, but in one of his interviews he mentioned that having pin-head accuracy (as provided by the point of a cursor) makes tablet operating systems cumbersome to use, the software has been engineered to provide a reasonable amount of accuracy with a much broader tool, the finger, this I think we can all agree is a massive leap forward in making tablets truly what they are today without the need for a stylus or a mouse.

I fully agree with the need for a forward delete button, but again it is possible to zone in on a specific point in the text with the finger and simply use the back delete button.

Tiny Printers are available from Cannon, I saw one a couple of years ago at PCworld for £179, cartridges were really expensive though. Don't know if they still do it.

All suggestions are great.

Steve, I hope you are reading along with the rest of us.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

OP
iPad 2 is cool

iPad 2 is cool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
wytey said:
Think i speak for everyone here, the ability to print legit and legal money on the go would be nice ;)

Who can disagree with that!!!!

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yay! Wytey, I totally agree! And an ipad that doesn't need my damn laptop which went dead on me again!

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

OP
iPad 2 is cool

iPad 2 is cool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
Yay! Wytey, I totally agree! And an ipad that doesn't need my damn laptop which went dead on me again!

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

Steve said they were looking at that, hopefully it's not to far into the future.

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
iPad 2 is cool said:
Steve said they were looking at that, hopefully it's not to far into the future.

Dang, thought you meant Steve was looking into printing money from the iPad lol

solorca

iPF Noob
Reaction score
THis may be impossible given that there are so many apps created for the current style, but I would really like to see a widescreen display rather than the 4:3. I watch a lot of movies and videos on my Ipad, and watching it on a screen in 4:3 just feels outdated.

I returned my Motorola Xoom for the ipad, and that is the only thing that about the physical device that I liked better.

Anomalous

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Some grip to the tip. I know that "aluminum siding" is a popular thing with Apple at the moment, but one thing that I do like about one of iPad's competitors *cough, BB Playbook* is it's slip-resistant backside. If Apple could incorporate something like this in the iPad 3, I would be thrilled and more at ease holding it in my hands without protection at times.

(tosses a coin in the Apple, Inc. wishing well)

Sent from my iPad 1 using iPF

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
wytey said:
think i speak for everyone here, the ability to print legit and legal money on the go would be nice ;)

lol!

Last edited:

b00bie

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Some grip to the tip. I know that "aluminum siding" is a popular thing with Apple at the moment, but one thing that I do like about one of iPad's competitors *cough, BB Playbook* is it's slip-resistant backside. If Apple could incorporate something like this in the iPad 3, I would be thrilled and more at ease holding it in my hands without protection at times.

(tosses a coin in the Apple, Inc. wishing well)

Sent from my iPad 1 using iPF

There are a couple of third party providers that make "skins" for iPads. I bought a Belkin one on ebay for less than $10 shipped and it really provide a great grip.

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
720-1080p

Better cam resolution

Retina ain't bad

Side by side apps

3D but I want to b able to turn it off. Needs a good management facility.

Fonts folders more fun times. But I know whatever jobs does I'll b satisfied.

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
HKWrite12 said:
720-1080p

Better cam resolution

Retina ain't bad

Side by side apps

3D but I want to b able to turn it off. Needs a good management facility.

Fonts folders more fun times. But I know whatever jobs does I'll b satisfied.

Side by side apps. True multitasking like the playbook commercials.
(it's funny though how it the screen images are simulated on the non-iPad tablet commercials, you can see the fingers don't match the timing of what is happening)

snoitan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't expect (or even want) a 3D display. I think it'll probably have an AMOLED "retina" display.

Not sure we'll get HDMI out since there is an adapter for it now.

Better cameras is probably a done deal, just as faster processors, better graphics chip, etc.

One thing I really want to see (and I think with iCloud we might get) is the ability to set up and back up (and download updates) without the need to plug it into a Mac/PC.

Most reactions

Latest posts