What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 3....What would you like to see or predict for the next model.

RAC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
SD Card slot
USB Port with portable HDD support
File system support
Flash, just so that I can view all web sites
Video out via AirPlay
A smaller sized version

I must be dreaming!

Reaction score
Then you better ask for a better battery then as well. Flash is a power hog , no matter what device.
I know this is accessory related but I'd like to see an oem cover that the ipad could be put in either way . I got one for my wife's ipad 1 and if I could insert it "upside down" it would work better as a stand for me having the home button on the other side when being used as a stand

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from an Incredible phone

Last edited:

RAC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Then you better ask for a better battery then as well. Flash is a power hog

Surely Flash is only going to be a power hog while you are viewing Flash content. That would be less than 5% the time in my case. I just want to be able to access web pages that happen to have Flash content.

extendedforecast

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It seems people would like Android in the next iPad. LOL just kidding. I have an Android tablet and an iOS tablet (and many other iOS devices) and like them all or i would have returned them.

Wanted to add that the tablet implimentaions of Flash aren't battery hogs at all. On Honeycomb there is a performance monitor feature to check Battery (and cpu usage.) My browser with Flash installed has used 2% of the battery and its on 12h 11m since last charge. I set the browser option to manually load flash on touch instead of loading it all upon page load. Can choose not to load a lot of junk that way.

That being said I was under the impression Apple has said Flash is verbotten until the end of time. Is this not the case? Is there a possibility flash might come? I'm afraid ill kick myself for buying second gen when I should have waited for third.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No need to kick yourself, it won't be coming, a quick search on here will find a post with a link to an open letter from Steve Jobs on the Apple.com website stating that Flash won't be happening on iOS.

The Archangel

extendedforecast

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks man. Mind at ease. There's always a reason to wait for next gen I know...but that would have been painful.

Regardless I think html5 will take over as the standard anyway. I'm actually glad Apple took this stand to hasten the demise of Flash. Once Adobe got their paws on it...it became afwul buggy bloatware. Even on my win 7 lappy adobe tries to run like 4 different updater services that you have to disable and renable (not just set to manual) to keep it from chewing through your cpu. Hate that flash stuff. Hope iPad caputres enough market share to kill it for good.

Here's to hoping that by iPad3 release...the flash issue won't matter!

Reaction score

Surely Flash is only going to be a power hog while you are viewing Flash content. That would be less than 5% the time in my case. I just want to be able to access web pages that happen to have Flash content.

I can watch my battery go down when using Puffin.

Support Our Troops!!

extendedforecast

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried that on iPhone. Its not a renderer for your device, its a cloud browser. Similar to using Splashtop but coming from remote servers. Yes it totally sucks battery.

RAC

iPF Novice
Reaction score

I can watch my battery go down when using Puffin.

Support Our Troops!!

It sounds like Puffin doesn't actually run Flash on the iPad, I don't think that Apple wouldn't allow it on App Store if it did.

Even though it seems to have a reputation as a battery hog, I don't see how Flash can be blamed.

The point that I was making anyway was that I only need Flash occasionally and for short periods, for sites that happen to use it.

Aladyleyna

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind 3D actually, it may lead to a more interesting experience, though it would be better if it was switchable, because I tend to get headaches very easily when it comes to 3D. I wonder if that is possible...

And of course, for it to be faster, stronger and lighter. And a better camera as well.

And it would be wonderful if we do not need a laptop or desktop to use an iPad. Wireless sync would be a huge improvement.

And I love the idea of being able to show two apps at the same time on the screen. It would make work more convenient, as it would be easier to research and copy and paste.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

jweakley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My main wish would be to make the next version a "stand alone" computer (no need for iTunes).
But, mostly, I would like to see many software changes: different fonts for email, ability to group email into folders, ability to send email to groups, ability to send attachments with email, etc.

OP
iPad 2 is cool

iPad 2 is cool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jweakley said:
My main wish would be to make the next version a "stand alone" computer (no need for iTunes).
But, mostly, I would like to see many software changes: different fonts for email, ability to group email into folders, ability to send email to groups, ability to send attachments with email, etc.

Steve Jobs hinted at this last year, who knows what the future will bring.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

PCUK

iPF Novice
Reaction score
All I want is cursor arrows and a forward delete on the keyboard. Not too much to ask, is it?

Oh, and a tiny compatible portable printer!

Most reactions