What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 3....What would you like to see or predict for the next model.

Reaction score
Wireless sync and an on tablet store that isn't such a cluster bomb (feel free to change that to the correct colorful metaphor but this is a family friendly site so keep it to yourself) to search with. Ex. the check an app on page 25 returns back to page 1 afterward has got to go.
The ability to use another browser by default world be nice and a fifth row on the keyboard with numbers or symbols would be nice but I'd settle for more gesture capability (flick up gives characters but not what I want for most of them ) on the 4 line.
I don't see where any of that would hinder the security that is the reasoning for lack of TRUE multi task

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from an Incredible phone

OP
iPad 2 is cool

iPad 2 is cool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mountainbikermark said:
Wireless sync and an on tablet store that isn't such a cluster bomb (feel free to change that to the correct colorful metaphor but this is a family friendly site so keep it to yourself) to search with. Ex. the check an app on page 25 returns back to page 1 afterward has got to go.
The ability to use another browser by default world be nice and a fifth row on the keyboard with numbers or symbols would be nice but I'd settle for more gesture capability (flick up gives characters but not what I want for most of them ) on the 4 line.
I don't see where any of that would hinder the security that is the reasoning for lack of TRUE multi task

Support Our Troops!!

Agreed.

The app store mess could simply be fixed by an app upgrade though I think rather than the need for a hardware upgrade as I am sure true split screen can and changing default browser.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
I think there is one if not two. But I can't find them either!:)

Cool, was worried this thread might get shut down in it's infancy hence my initial statement.

We have never closed a thread because of a similar topic ~ come on now. :D

you find them and want to merge the threads that's cool by me

You're good.:) Thank you, tho.

Reaction score
Mountainbikermark said:

Support Our Troops!!

Agreed.

The app store mess could simply be fixed by an app upgrade though I think rather than the need for a hardware upgrade as I am sure true split screen can and changing default browser.

So you're saying the default browser change ability could be done with an ios update?
I don't see how the interactive ability could be done without losing some security though but you're saying that can be done as well? If so wouldn't it need a lot more RAM? If that's the case then I say at least a gig of RAM on the ipad 3

Support Our Troops!!

Last edited:

Sakura

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Multitasking would be lovely, and other varieties of color choices. : )

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ayrshire said:
Multi tasking of the sort where you can view two things on the screen at the same time/ split screen
That would be wonderful.

I don't personally want 3D. It gives me a terrible headache.

I agree. 3D is terrible in small screens. It's okay in big screens. Just too much needless hype. The only way anyone is going to really enjoy 3D the way it SHOULD be enjoyed is in an IMAX 3D theatre showing a GOOD film shot entirely in 3D. Anything less is like trying to squeeze all of a Rolls Royce's features into a VW Bug.

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

iRuthlessPad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well The 3D wud be glassless and obviously u cud just turn it off...i think it wud be wonderful with some games..and movies too..

dessipation

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hardware improvements are expected, but what I would like to see in the next iPad X are as follows. (X = an unknown number greater than 2, not 10 or X like in OS X...)

1. Wireless connectivity with other iOS products, such as iPod Touch, to share data, like direct app transfer, as long as the device is registered to the same owner.

2. iPad specific wireless device built in, in addition to the universal WiFi and Bluetooth, so that the iPad X can use iPad X compatible wireless accessories that can do various things like Wireless HDMI to HDTV, Wireless audio input accessory for musical insturments for real time audio recording, Wireless Home security and light/appliance control, etc.; something more faster and more iPad specific than using WiFi or Bluetooth.

and 3. The ability for the iPad to fold like a Transformer into a cubical box so that it only shows the metal and the Apple logo on the surface for protection against Decepticons... and dust.

china_cat84

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I, personally, would like the ability to delete some of the apps that come pre-installed - I don't use Stocks, I have better photo and weather apps...really, why do we have to keep apps that we don't use? They just take up space.

And like others, it would be nice to have:
Expandable memory
A back case that isn't as easily scratched/dinged
Some kind of built-in file system would be nice
Maybe not a drop in price, but the price staying the same even though the new iPad has improved dramatically...Apple products are known to be higher end and priced accordingly, and I love their products...but I still think the iPad is still a little high priced...the main reason people are willing to pay it is because the competition isn't that impressive - if your choice is to spend $300-$400 on an ok tablet or spend $500-$600 on a (basic) iPad, I would shuck out the extra $$ for the iPad any day. The touch screen can't be beat...I just think that the 16GB WiFi would be more reasonably priced (for Apple, anyway) at $400, not $499. JMHO, though.

Most reactions