What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 3 stuck at logo start-up screen

hozemane

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an iPad 3. Running 5.1.1. Jailbroken with Absinthe. I was doing an update to Acid Siri and then it got a couple errors and went to the reboot device button. So I did and now it's stuck at the apple. I'm willing to just restore it, but I have a passcode on it. so when I do select to restore it, I get a "iTunes could not restore the iPad "xxxx" because it is locked with a passcode". If I put the iPad into recovery mode, it says it will update it to 6.0.1 and I want to be jailbroken. Are there any files I can delete with iexplorer that will let me just restore to 5.1.1 and haven't(I found on site saying to delete the last items I was updating, but no Acid or siri files can be found)? Any other suggestions?

Was up till 2am last night trying to figure this out. any help would be much appreciated!

-Adam

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Adam,

I've moved this to the Hacking section where one of our Jailbreaking guru's may be able to give you the help that you need......good luck!

The Archangel

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm afraid that the only way you are likely going to be able to restore your iPad to working condition is by taking this tutorial. http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...lsafe-method-restore-current-version-ios.html this will, unfortunately result in your iPad being updated to iOS 6.0.1. You will have Siri however, as it's a art of the iOS 6 update.
You must follow every step exactly in order for it to work.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Do you have Mobile Substrate loaded? Generally, the answer is yes (its one of the automatic things you get when you jail break and Cydia is installed.

So, try this: Reset your iPad by holding both the power and home buttons until the screen goes dark and the Apple logo then appears (the slide to unlock screen may or may not appear). Once the logo appears, release the buttons and then press and HOLD the volume UP button.

Hopefully, this process will put your iPad into Safe Mode (still jail broken) and you can go back to Cydia and uninstall that tweak.

Let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

OP
H

hozemane

iPF Noob
Reaction score
no go on safe mode. I don't even use the Acid siri cause it was so flaky, no idea why I chose to update it. DAMNIT!!! Just going to restore to 6.0.1 and enter the paying world of Apple.

Most reactions

Latest posts