What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jailbroken Ipad stuck on itunes logo

fit4teen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My jailbroken ipad 2 (ver. 5.1.1) is stuck on the itunes logo. I have been on various sites and youtube on how to fix this. I do not want to restore because I do not want to loose information and pics and would like to just do a receovery.

The first suggestion was from Youtube:
How to fix recovery mode loop or itunes loops
Donwload Tinyumbrella and run as administrator
Plug in ipad to my PC running Windows 7
On the panel left side of tinyumbrella the Show all SHS appears no other info. as shown on youtube. The three buttons on the right side "Enter Recovery", Exit Recovery", and Fix Recovery are grey out.
I unstalled and reinstalled tinyumbrella again with the same problem. My last go at this the Fix Recovery appear and Iclick that and my screen went blank. A message appear that the ipad needs to reboot. I waited an hour all I had was a black screen.

The next suggestion was to download ireb. Which I did and ran. I have a message that reads: Recovery loops cannot be removed from a tethered jailbroken device. I downloaded the iReb 3.0-6.0. I unstalled and reinstall and then this message appears a zil.dll was missing. I've been searching to find this missing .dll with no luck.
My ipad now just turns off - think it is in sleep mode. I would like to drain the battery to see if it works.

I do not know how to customized firmware as suggested in one video. Does anyone know how to do a recovery on an ipad? It has to be a way to do a recovery without restoring the ipad without loosing pics and info. My mistake was letting my teenager borrowed my Ipad to download music.
Please help.

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It's near impossible, unfortunately, to dump the iPad 2's hard disk via SSH since it's an A5 device. You can try to see if other utilities like iExplorer can view and backup/dump your device, but other than that, to have it working again, it would have to be a clean restore

Most reactions

Latest posts