What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My iPad 2g gets stuck on the apple logo

shadowsouless

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi!!!!
As you may seem, my iPad is stuck on the apple logo, not frozen, its just stuck. At first i tried a soft reset but it didnt work.
My iPad is a 2G Gsm wi fi, with 16gB cap, and running 5.0.1 jailbroken with absinth.
I installed spite on it, and after the normal reboot pop up it got stuck, and nothing seems to work.

I tried the following steps:
1- Modifying the Hosts file, countless time, deleting the gsm, lines, got error 3149;
2- Using TU, to bypass the previous error, and worked, but my iTunes showed another error, the 1600;
3- Try using the normal restore iTunes function, even updating to the new 5.1.1 iOS, and got the error 1600 AGAIN;
4- Cant pwn dfu iPad 2, because no program supports it.

As it is from my knowledge, i need a custom firmware to bypass the 1600 error, but there isnt any mod software for the iPad 2G, im seriously desperate, and i dont know what to try. i Have no SHSH blobs.

I await some, help as i stayed all night quarreling with my iPad.

Miguel:(:(:(:(

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi!!!!
As you may seem, my iPad is stuck on the apple logo, not frozen, its just stuck. At first i tried a soft reset but it didnt work.
My iPad is a 2G Gsm wi fi, with 16gB cap, and running 5.0.1 jailbroken with absinth.
I installed spite on it, and after the normal reboot pop up it got stuck, and nothing seems to work.

I tried the following steps:
1- Modifying the Hosts file, countless time, deleting the gsm, lines, got error 3149;
2- Using TU, to bypass the previous error, and worked, but my iTunes showed another error, the 1600;
3- Try using the normal restore iTunes function, even updating to the new 5.1.1 iOS, and got the error 1600 AGAIN;
4- Cant pwn dfu iPad 2, because no program supports it.

As it is from my knowledge, i need a custom firmware to bypass the 1600 error, but there isnt any mod software for the iPad 2G, im seriously desperate, and i dont know what to try. i Have no SHSH blobs.

I await some, help as i stayed all night quarreling with my iPad.

Miguel:(:(:(:(

To be honest, it sounds as if you are so far down the rabbit hole that you're best bet is to restore the iPad. This will put a fresh iOS 5.1.1 on it. Then, you can re-run Absinthe 2.0.4 and get your jail break back.

If you have difficulty using iTunes and the "normal" restore method, take a look at this sticky: http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...lsafe-method-restore-current-version-ios.html

If the steps in that tutorial are followed exactly, you should end up on stock iOS 5.1.1.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

P.S. And when you get it all sorted, may I suggest you stay far away from any attempt to put Siri on your iPad. The guy who originally developed the tweak/method has given up the project for iOS 5.1.1 (he states Apple has changed the rules). So, the odds are pretty good that any method will not work for the iPad2. Just some advice...

Most reactions

Latest posts