What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPad 3 protection

Tisntom

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am looking for some good protection for my new iPad 3. I read some reviews on the Apple polyurethane covers and they didn't seem to be very good. People complained of the magnets scratching the iPad, the iPad falling out of the case et cetera. I read good reviews about the OtterBox defender but no one seems to like the clear screen that goes over the iPad
screen. Can anyone suggest any good alternatives. Thanks

schmidtj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's good.
Offers good protection (not from water).
Triples the weight of the iPad3.
Also the built in screen protector degrades the Retina Display
to some degree.
I have one.
J

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Otter Box Defender series is excellent. I see no real difference in the Retina screen. Keep in mind that the display glass is usually the most often broken part so anything you can do to help, like the screen cover is a must. Also there's no case out there, at least I can afford and still be usable, that can totally protect that big hunk of glass, so be careful. The case has a very nice stand with 2 positions built into the front cover.

Most reactions

Latest posts