What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

would protective film be overkill?

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
hi all,i have on my ipad2 a smart cover and when im not using it it goes in a slip case,also i use a stylus,i have been thinking maybe i should protect the back too but today it occurred to me that my magic trackpad seems to be made of the same materials as the back of ipad and my mtp is out on the couch all the time and is used everyday,my fingers are going up and down and side to side all the time and there isnt a mark on it,so am i worrying too much?would a film on the back be unnecessary?would be glad of your thoughts.

Harters

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a rear Bodyguardz on my to protect the back, but the biggest advantage it gives is that it makes it extremely grippy and stops it slipping in my had :)

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

bastones

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Magic Trackpad surface is made of glass even though it looks like aluminium from the colour. I'd say don't worry about what may be caused by you using it - it's difficult not to cause probably most of us don't want to make our shiny products have scratches especially when they're new but it may happen in the future. Just use it, it should be fine. If anything, it'd only be a cosmetic issue if you ever got a scratch in the iPad back or glass on the display.

Most reactions

Latest posts