What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 3 Keynote

pilgrimav8r

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Can anybody tell me how I can get yellow text? The nearest is a orange colour.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
In this case Apple is perhaps a bit too helpful. Each theme is supplied with a pallet of colors that go well together. While limiting your choices, it almost guarantees the results will look good. If there is any way to create custom colors I have never found it.

You might try looking at each theme and seeing if the color pallet in one of them suites you better. While a pain, you can cover the background with solid shape or picture, and lock it into place. Make one slide with the new background, and create all others by duplicating it.

Another trick is to copy text from one template to another. Text copied from a different Pages or Keynote document will retain it's style when pasted in the new document. As long as you are careful not to delete all the original text it can even be edited and keep the style. A pain, but if you set up a temporary slide and paste the styles you want on it, then you could copy and paste from that, deleting it when the project is finished.

Last edited:
OP
pilgrimav8r

pilgrimav8r

iPF Novice
Reaction score
That's pretty much what I am doing now but the volume I have to do makes it a very very slow process and fraught with errors. Sadly it's not all the same colours ie, white on black, red on black, yellow on white an black and loads more. The best way I've found so far is to take a snapshot of the original text I'm taking, edit it with the crop tool, size it, then put it on a template slide. But then I have to insert back into the text and that is a real slow process - for something that is so easy if it only had a few more basic colours in the pallet in the first place.

Thanks any I will just have to persevere.

Steve

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Ok. Sorry I don't' have a better solution for you.

Though, if have Pages, you could have a document open in it at the same time, and just switch back and forth to copy and paste. Pages has the same pallet problem, of course, so if one of the templates does not contain all the colors you want you're back to making your own style sheets before hand by borrowing from multiple templates.

Then again, if you are doing this a lot, I have to assume you've got a style worked out (or should), in which case creating a style sheet in Pages would be a one time operation, and might save you a lot of work in the long run.

OP
pilgrimav8r

pilgrimav8r

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have tried that but let me have another quick look

OP
pilgrimav8r

pilgrimav8r

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Nah it's better in Keynote if it only had a better set of templates it would be so simple. Ta anyway

Most reactions

Latest posts