What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 3 impression...sorely disappointed!

Everett

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have had my new iPad since Friday and so far I can't see ANY improvemnt in the display quality or in the processor speed.
I'm beginning to wonder if the guts of the thing are really upgraded! The camers port appears a tad larger so I guess it really does have
a better camera but I've not made a comparison of that feature yet.

I guess this will teach me not to buy until I've actually seen a new version in the flesh. I fell for apple's marketing hype.

Unless I'm missing something I would advise folks to just buy an iPad2 and save money. An iPad2 can be had for half the price of the new one
if you are willing to buy a used one.

Oh well, it's still a great product and I am passing my iPad2 on to a family member so it isn't a total loss

Meowzart

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow! That s too bad. The difference between my iPad 2 and 3 display are immediately apparent and quite profound

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well, some people like just to not be hungry. Others, like to enjoy food.

Daylife

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Meowzart said:
Wow! That s too bad. The difference between my iPad 2 and 3 display are immediately apparent and quite profound

True. The screen upgrade it huge!

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
AQ_OC said:
Well, some people like just to not be hungry. Others, like to enjoy food.

And the same is true if iPads.

OP
E

Everett

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I'm beginning to wonder if mine really does have the retina display. I've placed them side by side and looked at quite a few differnt screens and can't see any quality
improvement at all in the iPad3. I imagine determining that would be virtually impossible though.

Daylife

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Everett said:
I'm beginning to wonder if mine really does have the retina display. I've placed them side by side and looked at quite a few differnt screens and can't see any quality
improvement at all in the iPad3. I imagine determining that would be virtually impossible though.

Open up iBooks on the iPad 2 and the new iPad, then tell me that you can't see see a difference. Give developers time to upscale apps to utilize the new iPads resolution....people are complaining that they can't see a difference because not all apps are set up for other....give it time.

OP
E

Everett

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Open up iBooks on the iPad 2 and the new iPad, then tell me that you can't see see a difference. Give developers time to upscale apps to utilize the new iPads resolution....people are complaining that they can't see a difference because not all apps are set up for other....give it time.
\

OK, I'll make the iBooks comparison. Thanks for the tip.

tazz3

iPF Novice
Reaction score
some peoples eyes see driffrent stuff then others. like some people tell tell between 720 and 1080p

applechick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Everett said:
Have had my new iPad since Friday and so far I can't see ANY improvemnt in the display quality or in the processor speed.
I'm beginning to wonder if the guts of the thing are really upgraded! The camers port appears a tad larger so I guess it really does have
a better camera but I've not made a comparison of that feature yet.

I guess this will teach me not to buy until I've actually seen a new version in the flesh. I fell for apple's marketing hype.

Unless I'm missing something I would advise folks to just buy an iPad2 and save money. An iPad2 can be had for half the price of the new one
if you are willing to buy a used one.

Oh well, it's still a great product and I am passing my iPad2 on to a family member so it isn't a total loss

I agree and also it's heavier and thicker I like the feel of the 2 better.

lowlife

iPF Novice
Reaction score

The quality improvements are there. It's all in the details. I initially noticed very few and thought the same as you. After a while when you look at an older iPad it will seem slightly fuzzy. When more apps are optimized we will enjoy our iPads more.

That being said I still find my self wondering about the value. If i did not allocate for disposable income I would have kept my other iPads. I think from this point forward I will skip and buy every other generation.

applechick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Daylife said:

I just did and you I can really see the difference......

Most reactions

Latest posts