What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 3 - Hype for the Gullable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shortcircuit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well have received an email from Apple telling me all about the new toy. Taking the email as the selling points for iPad3 I ask myself.

1 HD display - ideal if you want to view pics but otherwise ????
2 Fast WiFi connection - Well I thought that depended on the ISP and the new iPad3 will not speed that up
3 5 Meg camera - If you are into taking pics but otherwise ??????

All this hype is just to increase sales for Apple by creating a questionable must have item.

Can somebody give me a reasoned justiification for changing from iPad2 to iPad3

armoredsaint

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Your mind is already made up, just stick with the 2 :D I am happy with my first ipad 3

SheerLuckHolmes

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't understand the reason for your initial post. Do not like the hype? That is what marketing is supposed to do, increase sales. Is that a bad thing? Any reasonable person weighs the hype against personal needs and desires and makes a decision. And that decision is theirs and theirs alone.

Are you judging people that 'buy' into hype? Are you trying to justify you own decisions for keeping your iPad2 by making others wrong for getting the 'New iPad'?

Making a decision to keep, indeed initially buy, the iPad 2 or buying the 'New iPad' is individual and others opinion can be damned as far as that individual is concerned. Because no one really knows what is important, valid or invalid for any other person.

packaok

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
thebudgetgeek.com
Awww... Is somebody mad because Apple released a product that makes his iPad 2 obsolete? It's called technology. Everything becomes obsolete. Jump on and off any time you wish. No need to justify purchasing or not purchasing a given item. Likewise, no need to call people names who choose to jump on at a certain point.

Personally, I'm going from Original iPad to new iPad. I assure you that this is a HUGE jump - 4x RAM, Dual Core CPU, Quad Core GPU, camera, retina display. So, this is not hype. This is just the next evolution in a product line.

Last edited:

vsstanton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use my iPad 1 everyday in work and in my personal life. It has become an invaluable tool for me and my respect for apple is great! My iPad 3rd generation will be delivered to me at some point today and I hope to expand the things I accomplish thru it even more. Apple is honest on the upgrades and we take value from the features that are mprtant to us. Gullible...what an unfair statement!

zipur

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Come on folk it's a happy day! I'm happy for the people who have the iPad III have a great weekend.

"Post are better with pictures ".

Texcoonazz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am also going from Original Ipad to the New Ipad. When the Ipad 2 come out I could not justify the swap and was in similar mindset as the OP. HOWEVER.... The new Ipad is a HUGE jump from the first gen and I can now easily justify. Not buying into HYPE. Buying into increased performance over Gen 1.

Awww... Is somebody mad because Apple released a product that makes his iPad 2 obsolete? It's called technology. Everything becomes obsolete. Jump on and off any time you wish. No need to justify purchasing or not purchasing a given item. Likewise, no need to call people names who choose to jump on at a certain point.

Personally, I'm going from Original iPad to new iPad. I assure that this is a HUGE jump - 4x RAM, Dual Core CPU, Quad Core GPU, camera, retina display. So, this is not hype. This is just the next evolution in a product line.

thewaffle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Every company does this. They put a lot into their new products so they are supposed to hype it up and get you excited about it. What are they supposed to do say "uh hey we just introduced a new IPAD, and I guess it's okay, not bad....if you want one uh just pick one up " The IPad 2 is still great and relevant as I am one who is not upgrading to the newer model but you can't hate on a company for building up the excitement. In business that's called marketing and advertising.

OP
S

Shortcircuit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am not going to respond to the childish posts. If I needed to upgrade what am I getting that will benefit me? No answers other than those that want to be derogitive. Can you imagine an Apple saleperson responding how you have? Still waiting for a reasonedreply.

ladynikon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I really don't think its worth the upgrade from iPad 2 to 3 UNLESS you are into editing and taking photos with the iPad. If you are happy with your iPad there really is no reason to upgrade.

Lyndon23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can somebody give me a reasoned justiification for changing from iPad2 to iPad3

My justification from moving from iPad2 to the new one is:-

THAT superb display, I read a lot of technical docs, PDFs etc. extended sessions on the iPad2 gave me sore eyes sometimes.
I needed more space, got the 32 GB iPad 2 and began to realise that it can fill up quite quickly, so took the opportunity to upgrade this time.
Opted for 3/4g this time as it's useful for my work/life style.

That's the main reasons for me and as long as I can justify it to myself and afford it, then that's good enough for ME.

Different strokes for different folks, as they say! :thumbs:

ticka1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If this Ipad does not have the upgrades you are looking for then don't fall into the hype and purchase a new ipad. This is my first ipad because I wanted to wait a year or two to see what evolved with the product and now the screen, the retinal display, voice dictation and thrill of ipad ownership made me purchase it. You as a consumer have to see the value the new ipad would have to you. The email you received went to millions of people. I got those emails both for the original Ipad and Ipad2 but I couldn't justify the purchase. Now I have and am waiting on my new ipad to be delivered to my door. Each individual consumer is unique - what you might think is important might not be to another.

OP
S

Shortcircuit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My justification from moving from iPad2 to the new one is:-

THAT superb display, I read a lot of technical docs, PDFs etc. extended sessions on the iPad2 gave me sore eyes sometimes.
I needed more space, got the 32 GB iPad 2 and began to realise that it can fill up quite quickly, so took the opportunity to upgrade this time.
Opted for 3/4g this time as it's useful for my work/life style.

That's the main reasons for me and as long as I can justify it to myself and afford it, then that's good enough for ME.

Different strokes for different folks, as they say! :thumbs:

Thank you Again that makes sense

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts