What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 3 font change.

VizualDze

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys I jailbroke my iPad 3 yesterday and I'm looking to change the system font. I know this can be done using BytaFont but the font I'm looking for isn't available on that. I managed to get my desired font on my iPhone 4 by using a program (can't remember the name of it) to search the internal files of the iPhone and change the _H_Helvetica.ttc and _H_HelveticaNeue.ttc files with ones I had edited. I still have these edited files and wondered if it's safe to just replace them the same way on the iPad 3?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ahhh, the good old days :)

EDIT - Misread your post a bit. You already know about ttc files...

If you have the right ttc file for the family you want then you can replace it manually using something like iFile, but this is NOT recommended. Incorrect / corrupt font files in IOS are a sure fire way to force a restore of your device. You need to be certain the ttc has every font that IOS expects.

Leave the heavy lifting to Bytafont. It can do these checks, and the font packages for it in Cydia are already verified. Find the font package you need, install it, and forget about it. You don't need to worry about corrupting IOS :)

But, of course, it's your choice. If you know you have a valid ttc, then feel free to replace the system ones with our own. Just backup manually before you start! :)

Last edited:
OP
V

VizualDze

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The font I'm looking for isn't on BytaFont though and I can't find much details on ways to import fonts. The .ttc files I have work perfectly on my iPhone 4 running iOS 5.0.1 - my iPad is running 5.1.1 so I'd assume there shouldn't be any issues, or are there differences to consider?

Most reactions

Latest posts