What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is there an iPad tweak to change the font size in Safari?

Maberib

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Preferably something that can be used to change it on the fly. Something like the Magnifier tweak that, AFAIK, only exists for the iPhone. Bonus points if you know of a free tweak, of course.

I'm not looking for system wide font size increase, two finger pinch to zoom, or the screen magnification under accessibility.

I want to be able to increase the font size, have text re-wrap appropriately, and I'd like to be able to do this from within Safari.

Last edited:

Czevski

iPF Novice
Reaction score
In settings, turn on zoom. It can be turned on and off with 3 finger tap.

OP
M

Maberib

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I appreciate the responses, but that's not what I'm looking for.

I want just the text size to increase - so that it automatically wraps. If one zooms using either of the above methods, one has to drag the screen left and right to read a whole sentence.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, unless you're jailbroken, there is nothing that'll allow you to zoom in on the text in Safari and have it reflow. All that's available is the double-tap to zoom.

Which is one of the main reasons I use Atomic Web browser, which does have a font size increase/reflow function. Maybe take a look at that?

One of these days, Apple will figure out we like to make text reflow. Until then....

Sorry, but no go.

Marilyn

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Unfortunately, unless you're jailbroken, there is nothing that'll allow you to zoom in on the text in Safari and have it reflow. All that's available is the double-tap to zoom.

Which is one of the main reasons I use Atomic Web browser, which does have a font size increase/reflow function. Maybe take a look at that?

One of these days, Apple will figure out we like to make text reflow. Until then....

Sorry, but no go.

Marilyn

The person is jailbroken. This is in the hacking section and they said "a tweak". :)

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Oi!

Teach me not to read the forum heading before I answer, yeah. Thanks for catching it, Grayson!

Unfortunately, I spoke too soon. When I went to Cydia to answer this question - turns out the tweak I was thinking of cannot be purchased by iPad owners, as it's only for an iPhone/iPod (and it specifically states "not for iPad"). Sorry.

So, I stand by my original answer - try using a different browser because, right now, on the iPad, you can't reflow text in Safari.

Sorry for the confusion.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts