What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 Won't start!

ekorad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello everybody.

Yesterday, I tried to install an application from Cydia (InstaTapper or something like that - a mouse arrow for ipad), but sadly, it was only for ios 4 (i have ios 5.0.1). When I searched for that app, i saw multiple results, something like: InstaTapper RED/BLACK Classic Windows Arrow (i gues it actually was something like an addon for the real app) and i tried to install it. After a couple of seconds, it said finished installing... Nothing happened, but it still showed that it was loading. I waited for about 15 miuntes, same thing. I switched to another app, went to the home screen and killed the cydia process. The problem is that the ipad froze after 2 seconds, and after i restarted it (held both the home and the power button) the apple logo appeared. I thought okay im saved, but the apple logo was still there after 30 minutes.

I tried everything:
- restarted again and again
- i tried restoring to the same iOS (5.0.1) but encountered multiple errors :1601, 1602, 21, 2005, 3194
- after i fix one error, another one appears
- i tried using tinyumbrella, no luck
- i even tried to restore to the newest version (5.1), but it just got stuck at preparing ipad for restore, and after i got the 1601 error (I DIDNT USE ANY HACKY THING, NO HOST EDITING NO TINYUMBRELLA NO NOTHING)
- i tried the us thing (from hub to main, for error 2005)

Thank you!

EmilRonnow

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dont be scared... I have been in the completely same sitiution... Its able to be fixed..
I cant remember what i did, but one of good-to-iPad-people Can help you :)

OP
E

ekorad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, I tried almost everything, but no success, so I restored to the very latest version and that is 5.1.1... Any ideea when will the A5 iDevices jailbreak appear?

reahn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ekorad said:
Well, I tried almost everything, but no success, so I restored to the very latest version and that is 5.1.1... Any ideea when will the A5 iDevices jailbreak appear?

we wont know til it happens

OzLing

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just got to be patient. Given that the untethered jailbreak was for 5.0.1, and you are now 5.1.1 (2 beyond 5.0.1) you just need to be patient.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
@ekorad - take a look at this post: http://www.ipadforums.net/showthread.php?t=69625

If you have SHSH blobs for iOS 5.0.1, you might be able to use the latest version of redsn0w to downgrade to iOS 5.0.1. It's not 100% for everyone, yet, but given that you have already lost your jail break ... maybe it's worth a look?

Of course, ONLY is you have saved iOS 5.0.1 blobs...

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts