What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 stuck in dfu/apple logo screen

Coldsnap

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Yesterday my jailbroken iPad 2 3G (gsm) running 4.3.3 was working just fine, just that it ran out of memory all of a sudden. I deleted all apps except cydia, and figured it must be Cydia that's taking up all the 16 GB. So I decided to restore it, since I barely use any jailbroken apps. Anyhow, I connected it to iTunes, and recieved the 3194 error when I was going to update it through iTunes. After that the screen turned black, and i can only enter DFU mode or try to turn it on by pressing power+home, and it gets frozen at the apple logo.

These are the steps i've tried
  • Changed the hosts file - After that I recieved an error that said "iTunes can't connect to the iPad restore something something (no error code)"
  • Tried using Tiny Umbrella TSS server thingy with a downloaded firmware (original, not modified) - After that i recieved error 1600/1601
  • Tried using 2 different computers, a mac and a pc
I just can't get what's wrong... I'm really starting to get helpless here, all I want is that it gets back to the original state...

If you have any super ideas, share them, please! I've been googling for hours, and trying everything i could possibly find, but it just won't fix the problem.

Last edited:

scudder

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a strong feeling that you cannot restore a 3G iPad 2 to anything other than the latest firmware so i believe you have lost your JB for now... I hope I am wrong but I shall go and google to confirm that I have read this a couple of times elsewhere

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
What iOS version are you trying to restore to? Because, saved SHSH blobs or no, you cannot restore a 3G iPad2 back to iOS 4.3.3, you must put iOS 5.0.1 on it.

Try this:

Download the iOS 5.0.1 firmware from here: http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/24939-official-apple-ios-firmware-download-links-ipad.html

Then, put your iPad into DFU mode (to refresh your memory, here's our sticky on DFU mode: http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/27489-dfu-mode-dummies.html). Make sure your iPad is plugged into your computer and that iTunes is NOT running.

Then, when iTunes opens and tells you it's detected an iPad that needs restore, hold the shift key and the click restore. This will open a window where you can find the iOS 5.0.1 IPSW file you just downloaded so you can select it. After that, it's a simple matter of letting iTunes upgrade your iPad.

Of course, you won't be able to jail break it once it's on 5.0.1, but you've already said that's okay. Hope this helps. Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts