What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 Users In The UK

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
Hayles66 said:
Well hello there Cool! Did you see Wytey? what interview was this and where was it?
I'm over my touch of sunstroke.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

Nope, too busy entertaining visitors :(

Having to pretend i am replying to msgs.... :p

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
cheeky. Good to see you back. Old friends are always the best.

OP
iPad 2 is cool

iPad 2 is cool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
Well hello there Cool! Did you see Wytey? what interview was this and where was it?
I'm over my touch of sunstroke.

Hi, the interview was last year at the D8 conference, I know a geek thing. Told I like to learn things.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

OP
iPad 2 is cool

iPad 2 is cool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Guys, Pages has just had a pretty good update. Take a look, allows documents to be organised into folders, finally !!!!!

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yeah, I know! It's great! I've also put my keynotes and numbers docs into folders! Oh, by the way, I watched that interview and also the 2007 interview with bill Gates and Steve Jobs. Very entertaining! Steve is a natural showman.

OP
iPad 2 is cool

iPad 2 is cool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
Yeah, I know! It's great! I've also put my keynotes and numbers docs into folders! Oh, by the way, I watched that interview and also the 2007 interview with bill Gates and Steve Jobs. Very entertaining! Steve is a natural showman.

Isn't he just. I also liked the fact that he (Jobs) really believes in his ideal and let's us decide if we want his goods or not. Loved the Gates/Jobs interaction. Also loved how someone described Bill Gates as a "Planet shaping philanthropist", respect where it is due in my books, hopefully we will see great things from the Gates Foundation for global health. Really enjoyed those 3 hours of YouTube viewing, glad you liked it too.

OP
iPad 2 is cool

iPad 2 is cool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Forum gurus/friends, has the App store been in some way upgraded overnight, usually when I update about 15 apps, it occurs in series (one after another), today, very strangely they are all updating in parallel (concurrently), have I entered the twilight zone or is everyone else experiencing this welcome phenomenon ?

akintomide

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad 2 is cool said:
John Lewis had a few today at Bluewater.

Thanks. Eventually got the 16G/3G at Apple Bluewater a week ago. It is so old now because of usage. My problem is reducing my load to fit 16G from 64G. I am trying to downsize.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
iPad 2 is cool

iPad 2 is cool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
akintomide said:
Thanks. Eventually got the 16G/3G at Apple Bluewater a week ago. It is so old now because of usage. My problem is reducing my load to fit 16G from 64G. I am trying to downsize.

The majority of my 64GB space is occupied with videos. The trick is to keep up with them and delete after viewing. Something clearly has to give now that you have majorly downsized, in my opinion that should be sleep & work, not time with the beloved iPad.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
God, 16g, no way! I'm 32g and I want to go up not down. I know I can homeshare at home but I like to have a few of my favourite films on my iPad and my apps take up a lot of space now! Next one will be 64g 3G.

akintomide

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
God, 16g, no way! I'm 32g and I want to go up not down. I know I can homeshare at home but I like to have a few of my favourite films on my iPad and my apps take up a lot of space now! Next one will be 64g 3G.

Downsizing isn't easy. I removed all my video but one. I also reduced my music tracks from 1000ish to 300ish. I retain the apps. Pronto! I still have about 3 GB free. My movies and music still reside on iPad classic and pc. The plan is to give wife iPad 2 when iPad 3 is available. I may upgrade to 32 GB. The exercise taught me a good lesson; not all you have that you need.

OP
iPad 2 is cool

iPad 2 is cool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
akintomide said:
Downsizing isn't easy. I removed all my video but one. I also reduced my music tracks from 1000ish to 300ish. I retain the apps. Pronto! I still have about 3 GB free. My movies and music still reside on iPad classic and pc. The plan is to give wife iPad 2 when iPad 3 is available. I may upgrade to 32 GB. The exercise taught me a good lesson; not all you have that you need.

I bleed for you. I couldn't cope with 32GB let alone 16GB. Thankfully they have the 64GB. I hope they go to 128GB on the next model.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I suppose that would fit most of my iTunes library! . It's way too big already but there's nothing quite like getting out your iPad and knowing the title of the song, movie etc... Sounds big headed but believe you me, my memory ain't so good anymore and I drive my family wild when I can't remember it. It's like, oh, you know the blond girl, male singer in band! Trust me that's what it's like with me! Drives family up the wall!

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I love this sun!. Scented flowers!. Anyone else on holiday? Apart from you, Cool!

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's just data mangement all! In the old day's we had 20MB (yes MB) hard drives. try managing data with that, we thought it was great.....Mixing desks were the size of a small house, and mainframe computers had air-condtioned, "Clean" rooms and the drives were the size of a top loading washing machine.

You have never had it so easy :)

With the addition of my new network NAS /Router I will have access to over 50 Terabytes of data. They landed on the moon with far less than that.

Most reactions

Latest posts