What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 Users In The UK

Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
Yes, you did you idiot, no, you know you are wrong, but in my iPad book, it's a swear word on here.

Such harsh words for a simple err'.

You don't expect me to know which word starting on f, ending with h you meant, do you? There so many:
Flush, flosh, flash, firth, fitch, finch, filth, fifth, faugh, faith. There is only a 10% chance of guessing the correct word and you blame me for being wrong at such odds?

Women clearly overreact. ;)

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
DontUnderstandMyIpad said:
Such harsh words for a simple err'.

You don't expect me to know which word starting on f, ending with h you meant, do you? There so many:
Flush, flosh, flash, firth, fitch, finch, filth, fifth, faugh, faith. There is only a 10% chance of guessing the correct word and you blame me for being wrong at such odds?

Women clearly overreact. ;)

Ha ha you are such a card, never lose that sense of humour. Its because I get cross every time that word gets mentioned on here because people clearly do not research the ipad before buying it and then wonder why it doesn't have F...H! I researched my iPad for weeks before taking the plunge because I wanted to know if the iPad was just a glorified ipod touch. It's a lot of money to spend on a device especially if you have an ipod touch in the first place. Your first mistake was taking me seriously, I never take myself seriously, so it's rare for me to be harsh, ask my students, they are speechless when or even if I get angry, it's just not my nature unless my kids wind me up of course - teenagers you see, so emotional.

OP
iPad 2 is cool

iPad 2 is cool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The AMC Hornet was the red car used in the famous corkscrew jump in The Man With The Golden Gun. It was actually performed by an uncredited Englishman called "Bumps" Williard. Would you believe it was shot in a single take.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

OP
iPad 2 is cool

iPad 2 is cool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Went to pc world today, played with some of the new tablets, honeycomb is really not that bad, no apps though. Come on Apple let's do some overtaking. I am sure we can upgrade our os. I have some rumours about iOS 5, anyone know anything concrete.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iPad 2 is cool said:
The AMC Hornet was the red car used in the famous corkscrew jump in The Man With The Golden Gun. It was actually performed by an uncredited Englishman called "Bumps" Williard. Would you believe it was shot in a single take.

Yes, I believe I do, I saw the program showing classic car chases and stunt moves. I knew I wasn't wrong, don't you think they were either extremely lucky or extremely clever to get that in one take. I believe someone still recreates that stunt somewhere in America. I think? Go the English, in movies, we seem to be the country that American producers, directors etc... Go to for the talent we provide and they use making money out of it. It's nice to see our movies getting good reviews, just wish UK film industry could get more money from our government but I won't say any more in case that's political and Tim sees me.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Kieranbowley said:
Anyone watching the snooker?

Come on Judd!!!

Sorry to be Girly but I'm just not a snooker fan, my hubby used to be but doesn't watch as much now, but he does like the darts still.

OP
iPad 2 is cool

iPad 2 is cool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The AMC Hornet stunt was the first movie stunt planned with computers. The guy got a bonus for one take.....they could and should have credited him.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iPad 2 is cool said:
The AMC Hornet stunt was the first movie stunt planned with computers. The guy got a bonus for one take.....they could and should have credited him.

The producers are the winners in the film game.

Kieranbowley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.XBLN.net
Hayles66 said:
Sorry to be Girly but I'm just not a snooker fan, my hubby used to be but doesn't watch as much now, but he does like the darts still.

The Mrs don't like it either, so I'm resigned to watching it on iPlayer on me iPad lol.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Kieranbowley said:
The Mrs don't like it either, so I'm resigned to watching it on iPlayer on me iPad lol.

My hubby watches The Good Life and all his war movies on my laptop, while I watch my romcoms on my iPad. We are together and watching what we like but not necessarily the same thing. Hee hee

Kieranbowley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.XBLN.net
Kieranbowley said:

My hubby watches The Good Life and all his war movies on my laptop, while I watch my romcoms on my iPad. We are together and watching what we like but not necessarily the same thing. Hee hee

Haha, I have 150gig of films and TV Programs to watch on my iPad lol, the Mrs hasn't got anything for her's yet :D

Last edited:

Most reactions