What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad 2 to tv ??

iloco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i have an iphone 4 and an ipad 2. i have a cable that allows me to connect my iphone 4 to my television and play movies to the tv. for some reason, that cable will not work on my ipad 2. do i need a special cable for the ipad or am i missing something more obvious ?

OP
I

iloco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
the composit av cable is what i have. its strange because it works perfectly for my iphone 4, but on the ipad 2 i get the audio but a squirley screen.

Valkrider

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You need a player that supports the video out option like Ace Player and you need to enable it (several of the video player apps don't support video out). You don't need the hdmi kit unless you want to mirror your iPad screen to the TV.

marycorbitt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyone know how much that is? Do you think that cable is worth it or a bit worthless? since iPad already has a huge screen to be shared.

Jhudson3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a hdmi connector for my ipad 2. I use it all the time for imovie and garageband.

ipadbraincell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i have a generic composite cable that works fine on both ip4 and ip2 bought from auction site for £6

i'd wonder is there a device issue, perhaps try a reset on it?

Goavs18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use the Apple Composite AV Cable as well and it works great, I know when I first tried to watch anything from my Iphone4 I was given the option to select TV. maybe that is the problem?

Most reactions

Latest posts