What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 restore assitiance

GIacona

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I recently purchased a new IPad so I need to unload my older IPad 2.

I am going to wipe the IPad/restore to factory settings before I get rid of it. My main question is does this downgrade the IOS as well? If it does not, should I do tis before I sell it? I just don't want to get a bad rating.

The main reason I bought a new Ipad is because this one keeps crashing when using the internet. It has IOS version 9.1.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I recently purchased a new IPad so I need to unload my older IPad 2.

I am going to wipe the IPad/restore to factory settings before I get rid of it. My main question is does this downgrade the IOS as well? If it does not, should I do tis before I sell it? I just don't want to get a bad rating.

The main reason I bought a new Ipad is because this one keeps crashing when using the internet. It has IOS version 9.1.
Factory restoring your iPad 2 will not downgrade the iOS. It will remain right where it is. Apple is currently signing iOS 9.1 and 9.2. Those are the only iOS versions that can be currently installed on your iPad.

One of the reasons why your iPad crashes so much when browsing the Internet is the small amount of RAM compared to the later iPad models. The iPad 2 only has 500mb of Ram.

Blue92

iPF Novice
Reaction score
One of the reasons why your iPad crashes so much when browsing the Internet is the small amount of RAM compared to the later iPad models. The iPad 2 only has 500mb of Ram.

Have to say I believe it is more IOS related. My iPad 2 still has the same specs it did 3 years ago and the issue started when I updated to IOS 9. The underlying memory requirements for web sites may have an effect but the reload issue occurs on only a few web sites. Sadly this is one of the few where it happens frequently.

Most reactions