What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 problems

Pit Bull

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an iPad 2, 10 inch about 5 years old, suddenly the screen as started to play up, every so often it will zoom in and out, jump to another page and back again without touching it, the "open in new tab" etc will show then disappear, also pages have started loading slow, about 6 months ago I had a new digitizer fitted, I have had no problems at all until recently I have done several force shut downs and a complete restore to factory setting and then a back up from iTunes, any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It sounds as if the touchscreen may be failing, showing spurious inputs from non-existent screen touches. If that's the case, a screen replacement is warranted. A diagnostic by a repair shop would confirm this.

Brian 244

iPF Novice
Reaction score
2 possibilities: Whoever replaced your digitizer didn't fold the cable correctly and it is pinched between the glass and aluminum chassis. Over time it will wear down and cause this issue.
The other possibility is that they didn't attach the cable to the logic board connectors properly. Both will require opening the iPad and inspecting and or replacing the digitizer.

Most reactions

Latest posts