What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 Video access problem

wrm2me

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have recently discovered a strange problem on my 64 Gb iPad 2. After I copy a lot of videos to it from iTunes, those towards the end of the A-Z listing are showing up as copied under TV Shows but no artwork is displayed on the iPad itself. Hence, I can't access them to watch them. This happens when the videos occupy a total of around 23 Gb. After doing some tests, I have discovered that the artwork starts dropping off after the number of videos uploaded or the storage capacity reached by uploaded videos reaches a threshold (although I haven't established what that is). What is also strange is that if I delete the title from TV Shows on the iPad that isn't showing up under the Videos app, the artwork for the previous title in the A-Z listing then disappears.

Is this a known issue with iPads and videos? It was my understanding that you could fill them up with whatever media would fit in the total free space.

I have tried deleting all media and uploading the videos one by one, starting with the video that keeps disappearing. When I did this, the artwork was displayed until I had uploaded several other videos and then it disappeared again. I also did a full system restore, including ensuring the iOS was updated.

Any suggestions? My thanks in advance.

Most reactions