What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 problem

voodoocars

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone - new to this forum. I've got an ipad 2 that all of a sudden seems to have a mind of its own. Apps open up randomly on their own then close at will. If I try to close them they just come back again and sometimes change to a different app. Tried to reset it but the slider control wont function - but the cancel will.. If I hold the home and side off buttons I can reset it (with the apple icon) and it is ok for a short time then goes mad again. I have cleaned te screen, which has a cover on anyway and still has made no difference. Is this common? Any advice is welcome. The thing is not loaded with apps - just a couple of games for the kids and it mainly gets used for youtube and general browsing. Thanks

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
voodoocars said:
Hi everyone - new to this forum. I've got an ipad 2 that all of a sudden seems to have a mind of its own. Apps open up randomly on their own then close at will. If I try to close them they just come back again and sometimes change to a different app. Tried to reset it but the slider control wont function - but the cancel will.. If I hold the home and side off buttons I can reset it (with the apple icon) and it is ok for a short time then goes mad again. I have cleaned te screen, which has a cover on anyway and still has made no difference. Is this common? Any advice is welcome. The thing is not loaded with apps - just a couple of games for the kids and it mainly gets used for youtube and general browsing. Thanks

You may have a defective digitizer that's causing spurious inputs resulting in the effects you saw. I would suggest you Make a Genius Bar appointment at an Apple store so they can check out your iPad to confirm the cause of the problem.

Last edited:
OP
V

voodoocars

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for that. I had a look online (on a reliable laptop..) to see what you meant. I'll get booked in and they can sort it.

Most reactions

Latest posts