What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad 2 brightness problem

AE1M

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ipad2 is a 3G/Wifi 64G model running 4.3.3 with 43GB free memory.

At random times, even when not being used, the screen will go to the min brightness and the "sun" icon will stay on the screen. Attempts to raise the brightness in settings do not work. This happens with Auto-Brightness ON or OFF. A power on/off cycle returns it to bright for some time, maybe 5-20 minutes though.

All apps have been closed (double click home, make jiggle, close all apps) so I dont think it's a stray app.

Room is standard room brightness, but the brightness slider insists on staying all the way to the left (most dim)

Anyone else see this?

Just started.

Bob

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This definitely sounds like a hardware issue - I think it's time for a visit to the Apple Store for a replacement iPad. 'Phone ahead to check they have one in stock and backup your iPad before leaving for the Store.

Tim

OP
A

AE1M

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
This definitely sounds like a hardware issue - I think it's time for a visit to the Apple Store for a replacement iPad. 'Phone ahead to check they have one in stock and backup your iPad before leaving for the Store.

Tim

Tim, I found the problem. It is my Apple BT. When I powered it off the problems stopped!

Bob

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:

Tim

Tim, I found the problem. It is my Apple BT. When I powered it off the problems stopped!

Bob

That's a new one on me!!

Thanks for letting me know.

Tim

SaberOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Interesting... I don't use BT unless I absolutely have to. The technology hasn’t really matured beyond what it’s been in several years. I know that on my iPhone it was a huge power-suck anytime I activated it. I had a drawer full of dead BT devices that I would give away to my not so close friends. Anyway, perhaps Apple will resolve or otherwise improve it in the ‘next’ update.

OP
A

AE1M

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think the brightness key on the kbd must have an issue. When ON it randomly dims the screen on the 'Pad.

Most reactions

Latest posts