What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 problem just hanging

Status
Not open for further replies.

littlebuddha

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys any thoughs, just turned on ipad useing garage and it just stops, just hangs there no sound no movment cannot get out of it or even turn the ipad of. was playing guitar then it stopped.

Reaction score
You can always reboot, by holding the power button for 5 seconds and than slide to power off. If that doesn't help, pressing the Power&Home button simultaneously for 7 will force the iPad to boot fresh. Just keep the buttons pressed, till you see the screen go blank.

OP
L

littlebuddha

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can always reboot, by holding the power button for 5 seconds and than slide to power off. If that doesn't help, pressing the Power&Home button simultaneously for 7 will force the iPad to boot fresh. Just keep the buttons pressed, till you see the screen go blank.

I have had ipad for 12 months know how to use it, and the ipad 2 works the same way. I did say will not turn of. as in it does nothing, reboot or anything just sits there.:confused:

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I have had ipad for 12 months know how to use it, and the ipad 2 works the same way. I did say will not turn of. as in it does nothing, reboot or anything just sits there.:confused:

So this means you did reboot and saw the Apple Logo? Sometimes, folks do not hold the buttons down long enough.

And you have it plugged into the wall, right?

Reaction score
littlebuddha said:

Ok.

So the whole time the screen shows you a frozen image of Garageband? Cause it is pretty much impossible, as the hard reset (pressing the home and power button simultaneously) overrides any software issues.

But if you think this doesn't, than I would suggest you bring the iPad back to an Apple Store.

OP
L

littlebuddha

iPF Noob
Reaction score

So this means you did reboot and saw the Apple Logo? Sometimes, folks do not hold the buttons down long enough.

And you have it plugged into the wall, right?

Yes to both, as said have had ipad and understand how it works., have been into computers since 1983 and im very well up on them, i had just come to the end of knowing what eles to do so put it out here hoping someone might have an idea. Looks like its going back to Apple.

OP
L

littlebuddha

iPF Noob
Reaction score
littlebuddha said:

Ok.

So the whole time the screen shows you a frozen image of Garageband? Cause it is pretty much impossible, as the hard reset (pressing the home and power button simultaneously) overrides any software issues.

But if you think this doesn't, than I would suggest you bring the iPad back to an Apple Store.

pretty much impossible, well i have a pic of garage sitting in front of me and it has been there for several hours doing nothing and yes have gone through all you have said and yes its going back.

OP
L

littlebuddha

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What happens when you connect the iPad to iTunes? Does it sync? Can you restore the iPad?

If i could restore it i would. has been connected to itunes and it does nothing, as in does not sync, computer does not see it. It does not blink does not give of any sound, it looks like an expensive photo frame of garage smart guitar. Prity but not much use.

Reaction score
I thought it was pretty funny!

+1 . Nice way to try to add a little lightness to a thread going down hill quickly
OP, the fine folks are just trying to help, no one is calling you stupid or accusing you of being a newb. Relax . They are here to help.

Support Our Troops!
This post was Tapatalk approved

OP
L

littlebuddha

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I thought it was pretty funny!

+1 . Nice way to try to add a little lightness to a thread going down hill quickly
OP, the fine folks are just trying to help, no one is calling you stupid or accusing you of being a newb. Relax . They are here to help.

Support Our Troops!
This post was Tapatalk approved

no one is calling you stupid or accusing you of being a newb....GET a life have i said anything about any of what you have said. newb i have been on here sometime, i dont just waffle to get posts.
Okay you have a magar prob with yours see how happy you are about it with a daft comic then come back.
And yes some help although things i had already done. Always have to be that eliment on a thread when you want a sensable person. yer big help. Go play on your bike.
Thanks for the help or trying to to the others, may as well close this thread as it is just going to be a waste of time. but thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts