What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 Will not make notification sounds

Jeep Dawg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, just wondering if anyone else is or has had this problem. My IPad 2 will not notify me with a sound of email, text, or anything else for that matter, any of you guys had this problem ? Any ideas on how to fix it? I've got everything turned on. Can't figure it out. Please help. Thanks.

Rhinocharge1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, just wondering if anyone else is or has had this problem. My IPad 2 will not notify me with a sound of email, text, or anything else for that matter, any of you guys had this problem ? Any ideas on how to fix it? I've got everything turned on. Can't figure it out. Please help. Thanks.

Me too, music plays but that's all......bloody annoying any help would be gratefully received.....

LawPad2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Take four fingers, slide up, then slide the lower bar to the left. Click the volume buttons with the slash across it. Your sound is off. I've been there.

Gatornole

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Take four fingers, slide up, then slide the lower bar to the left. Click the volume buttons with the slash across it. Your sound is off. I've been there.

LawPad - Hey my man - not quite sure how you slide 4 fingers up - do you mean - lay your 4 fingers on the screen and slide them up or am I misunstanding you - I tried and it doesn't work - I don't have sound notification either- sorry if this is dumb ? --

Dvmpiper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gatornole said:
LawPad - Hey my man - not quite sure how you slide 4 fingers up - do you mean - lay your 4 fingers on the screen and slide them up or am I misunstanding you - I tried and it doesn't work - I don't have sound notification either- sorry if this is dumb ? --

Place all four fingers and flick them upwards.

meta4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks so much for the help. I went to the page and saw the sound was off. Works great now and is easy to turn the alert off and on. I will share this info with my Apple store.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions