What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 Minutes Ahead

bundat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A possible explanation if you have 3G, some networks automatically sync the time of any devices that connect to their network, to the network's clock.

I've experienced this on tons of phones (pull out the battery, plug in a new sim card, put the battery back in, turn it on, there's no time since I pulled out the battery, then suddenly it gets the date and time set, as soon as I receive a signal).

hookbill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A possible explanation if you have 3G, some networks automatically sync the time of any devices that connect to their network, to the network's clock.

I've experienced this on tons of phones (pull out the battery, plug in a new sim card, put the battery back in, turn it on, there's no time since I pulled out the battery, then suddenly it gets the date and time set, as soon as I receive a signal).

I did some extensive searching on this issue, and from what I can see if you have a 3G data plan it works fine. But apparently as high tech as the iPad was they can't make it work better then a $20.00 Timex watch in regards to keeping time.

So basically we will have to adjust our time accordingly. I've downloaded a clock from Emerald that keeps perfect time and tells you how far off your iPads time is. But it doesn't replace the basic app in the iPad. Unless you go right to that clock you'll still see the time set up by Apple.

Heaviside

iPF Novice
Reaction score
A man with a watch always knows the time. A man with two watches is never sure. -- Unkown
Many have attributed this quote to Confucius

But since watches hadn't been invented in Confucius' time, that pretty much has to be a joke, yes?

But maybe a water clock, sundial, or sand hourglass? The metaphor of a watch would work just as well for any measuring instrument. I love the quote, regardless of authenticity or authorship!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Many have attributed this quote to Confucius

But since watches hadn't been invented in Confucius' time, that pretty much has to be a joke, yes?

But maybe a water clock, sundial, or sand hourglass? The metaphor of a watch would work just as well for any measuring instrument. I love the quote, regardless of authenticity or authorship!

It's also been attributed to Lee Segal (Segall), and a French proverb. It can be found by searching for Segal's Law. I found one article that simply says it is unknown, but often attributed to Segal or Confucius. No where can I find anything like an authentic source, just sites that like the quote and have posted it. I can't even track down the mysterious Lee Segall, though I pretty sure he is a real person.

Regardless, the quote was simply too timely to pass up in the this thread.

Heaviside

iPF Novice
Reaction score

It's also been attributed to Lee Segal (Segall), and a French proverb. It can be found by searching for Segal's Law. I found one article that simply says it is unknown, but often attributed to Segal or Confucius. No where can I find anything like an authentic source, just sites that like the quote and have posted it. I can't even track down the mysterious Lee Segall, though I pretty sure he is a real person.

I just don't have time for such weak puns! (In udder woids, a great groaner Twerppoet!)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score

I just don't have time for such weak puns! (In udder woids, a great groaner Twerppoet!)

You shouldn't encourage me. Now I'll probably make a second pun.

Heaviside

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Twerppoet,

Aargh! But, after all, it was only a minute pun!

OP
M

Miata GT

iPF Noob
Reaction score
...and back to our story.

So I found that after activating 3G on my iPad the time is now consistent with my iPhone and work and home PC's.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Heavyside,

We should probably let people get back to the subject of time served, and maybe explore the possibility of whether jailbreaking can save the hour.

Most reactions

Latest posts