What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 Minutes Ahead

Miata GT

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad is consistently 2 minutes ahead of my iPhone and all my home and work computers, the iPad connected to either network. Even after resetting it manually then going to automatic update the time jumps back to 2 minutes ahead.

It just seems strange.

Heaviside

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My iPad is consistently 2 minutes ahead of my iPhone and all my home and work computers, the iPad connected to either network. Even after resetting it manually then going to automatic update the time jumps back to 2 minutes ahead.

It just seems strange.

I've been having the same problem---only it is 4 or 5 minutes for me. I asked about this on another thread. Apparently if you have the wifi only version, the time isn't set automatically.

If you find the solution, please post it. ok?

OP
M

Miata GT

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a 3G version although I haven't activated the cellular service after it ended a few weeks ago. I only use it for travelling. Hopefully someone has seen this before!

hookbill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, I've noticed the clock issue as well. I'm just hooked up to wifi, but you would think that there would be a connection via internet to a world clock like computers have to adjust the time instead of manually doing it on your own.

wrecklass

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Two minutes into the future? Sweet. You could kill in Wall street with that capability.

Sorry my iPad is currently on the second, but it doesn't seem to sync time very often.

Grandad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm just hooked up to wifi, but you would think that there would be a connection via internet to a world clock like computers have to adjust the time instead of manually doing it on your own.

Yes, mine is 1min 43 seconds fast. How very odd!
I only have Wifi, and I must agree, that as my desktop PC is spot on, I would have thought the iPad would be too! I have just reset my iPad clock and I'll monitor it and see what happens. Oh dear it seems my OCD is showing again!!!:rolleyes:

Grandad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thirty two hours later

Ok 32 hours on and my iPad has gained 25 seconds. That means it should gain a whole 5 minutes in 16 days. Any one worked out yet why it isn't synched with the PC?

kc2ped

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Miata GT said:

It just seems strange.

My iPad is consistently 35 seconds slow of my laptop which is sharing it's Internet connection with the iPad
The laptop gets it's signal on the third bounce from a hotel around the corner and is right on with my wireless Brookstone weather station
Both of them agree closely with the time reported by the Emerald Sequoya Observatory app on the ipad
So how many iPads does it take to tell the correct time

kc2ped

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And speaking of the way the iPad (I know Steve, there is no THE in front of iPad but ...) keeps time -- or doesn't -- as noted above, my iPad runs 35 seconds slower than my MacBook Pro. But the alarms in my synced calendar come in on the iPad a minute earlier than they do on the MacBook which sends them at the correct time.

Jaws3288

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.epforums.org
Mine is 2 minutes ahead as well. That's so weird. Maybe it's going by Apple's time?

EDIT: Duh. I'm on a mac showing 6:17 and my iPad saying 6:19. Scratch that. I changed it manually.

Most reactions