What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 JB.. Working/non working cydia apps

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
KaiHD said:
RetinaPad works with every app except SBSettings, weird...

- Sent from my Brand-New Jailbroken iPad 2! :D

SBsettings isn't supported. Don't sweat it.

KaiHD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:

But SBSettings showed up in RetinaPad... Anyway, got 5-row keyboard working! Got the right version and voila! Although this may take some getting used to. I also enabled black navigation bars and downloaded a new mail sound- That famous "You've got Mail!" :D

sati747

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:

But SBSettings showed up in RetinaPad... Anyway, got 5-row keyboard working! Got the right version and voila! Although this may take some getting used to. I also enabled black navigation bars and downloaded a new mail sound- That famous "You've got Mail!" :D

iBluever (now on demand) works fine with my Blackberry Tour on my iPad2. As a side note, I restored and re-JBed my iPad1 with Sn0wbreeze and the CCK kit with SD/USB drive now works again (it's broken after I JBed it with Jailbreakme.com).

ccooluke

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know this app is for the iPhone, but does the n64 app work o. The iPad? Or is there a way To get it to work? It won't work for me whe. I try to load a rom.

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ccooluke said:
I know this app is for the iPhone, but does the n64 app work o. The iPad? Or is there a way To get it to work? It won't work for me whe. I try to load a rom.

Apparently it doesnt work on iOS 4.3.3 so we're out of luck.

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Seeeeeeee we do have better cookies on our side! ;)

It's nice seeing everyone downloading to their hearts content....just make sure that 1 app be pkgbackup...it has saved my butt on quite a few occasions from a 4hour reinstall. It allows you to send backup to dropbox and also will save your blobs as well.

Last edited:

arbor53

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OUTL4W said:
Seeeeeeee we do have better cookies on our side! ;)

It's nice seeing everyone downloading to their hearts content....just make sure that 1 app be pkgbackup...it has saved my butt on quite a few occasions from a 4hour reinstall. It allows you to send backup to dropbox and also will save your blobs as well.

Could you give me some info on pkgbackup and a rundown on how to use it, I sorta understand what it does but not how to use it, thank you

arbor53

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just bought retina pad but all my iPhone apps ( angry birds for example ) still look the same as before on my iPad 2. Besides the settings menu where you turn retina pad on or off for each app is there something else I have to do, there's a pic attached to show I own the legit version and I'm not a pirate. (aaarrrrrrrrrrrrr) thanks for any help guys

Attachments

• image-3922878704.png
    image-3922878704.png
    113.9 KB · Views: 283

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I just bought retina pad but all my iPhone apps ( angry birds for example ) still look the same as before on my iPad 2. Besides the settings menu where you turn retina pad on or off for each app is there something else I have to do, there's a pic attached to show I own the legit version and I'm not a pirate. (aaarrrrrrrrrrrrr) thanks for any help guys

Make sure Angry Birds is turned ON in the RetinaPad Settings App, then you MUST quit Angry Birds. Do this by double clicking home, hold the icons till they wiggle, and press the X on Angry Birds. Finally, start Angry Birds again and switch to 2X mode. It should be running in retina mode now.
This is the same process for every app the first time you want to work with RetinaPad. After that, it will always start in retina mode.

arbor53

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
Make sure Angry Birds is turned ON in the RetinaPad Settings App, then you MUST quit Angry Birds. Do this by double clicking home, hold the icons till they wiggle, and press the X on Angry Birds. Finally, start Angry Birds again and switch to 2X mode. It should be running in retina mode now.
This is the same process for every app the first time you want to work with RetinaPad. After that, it will always start in retina mode.

Thanks for the reply but I have tried all that, should there be a noticeable difference and Do I need to have winterboard or sbsettings or anything else installed to get it to work

arbor53

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I couldn't add these to my last post but here are two photos of angry birds with retina pad on and retina pad off and they look the same to me, I don't know what I'm doing wrong but I just can't get it to work

Attachments

• image-2593187458.png
    image-2593187458.png
    296.2 KB · Views: 230
  • image-1495342788.png
    image-1495342788.png
    296.2 KB · Views: 252

Most reactions

Latest posts