What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 JB.. Working/non working cydia apps

Aftershock

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
I have MobileTerminal (version 520-1) installed on my iOS 4.3.3 iPad1. It works great. I got it straight from Cydia's home page, where Jay Freeman (saurik) tells you how to use it to change your root password.

Follow this path on Cydia:
Cydia [home] > Root Password How-To > MobileTerminal Package > Modify [button] > Install [button]

Happy hacking!

Marilyn

I have 520-1 installed as well, which is the working version, but you can't access that version from the Cydia home page as per the instructions above, it tries to install the outdated version 364.1-10 from there.

Aftershock

iPF Noob
Reaction score
RecoveryGuard seems to work, and should be considered essential considering no-one wants to accidentally upgrade :)

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyone got n64foriphone working? It just crashes on startup!

Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
KaiHD said:
LockSeconds don't work for me. Just restored. Any ideas?

I'll give you a little tip KaiHD. I know once you get jailbroken you are keen as mustard to start installing stuff and trying it out, and so you should be... It's great fun...

Then thing to remember is, jailbreaking has been around for 4 years now, and the majority of stuff in the repos is targeted towards the iPhone. When you look at a tweak or app, pay attention to the description which loads in Cydia. If it mentions iOS 3.x or iPhone, or more importantly does not mention iPad at all then there is a very good chance this will mess up your device!

Look at the screenie I posted of Lock Seconds. It says confirmed to work on a 3.x OS. That tells me there isn't a hope it will work with the iPad. So, best advice is check the details. Delve into sections like "Recent Changes" (where available) and see if you can see for sure that it supports the iPad before you install it.

If you are looking for a tweak which does stuff like this to the lockscreen on the iPad, plus a lot more, check out Sprintomize. It is very cool and works on iPad.

Hope that helps!

Attachments

• image-3954830575.png
    image-3954830575.png
    137.4 KB · Views: 352

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not questioning your intelligence but can it do any harm in installing .deb files manually? I wanted snes HD and it wouldnt install under Cydia so I did it manually and it worked!

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
addiosamigo said:
Not questioning your intelligence but can it do any harm in installing .deb files manually?

There's nothing wrong at all with installing a deb manually. Cydia is just an apt front end anyway... If you have the skillz, do whatever works for you...

richgalen

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Is there a thread dedicated to SBSettings? I have it working, but I don't understand how to make the highest & best use of it.

KaiHD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
I'll give you a little tip KaiHD. I know once you get jailbroken you are keen as mustard to start installing stuff and trying it out, and so you should be... It's great fun...

Then thing to remember is, jailbreaking has been around for 4 years now, and the majority of stuff in the repos is targeted towards the iPhone. When you look at a tweak or app, pay attention to the description which loads in Cydia. If it mentions iOS 3.x or iPhone, or more importantly does not mention iPad at all then there is a very good chance this will mess up your device!

Look at the screenie I posted of Lock Seconds. It says confirmed to work on a 3.x OS. That tells me there isn't a hope it will work with the iPad. So, best advice is check the details. Delve into sections like "Recent Changes" (where available) and see if you can see for sure that it supports the iPad before you install it.

If you are looking for a tweak which does stuff like this to the lockscreen on the iPad, plus a lot more, check out Sprintomize. It is very cool and works on iPad.

Hope that helps!

Best. Tip. Yet. I really should get a JB for dummies book. Is there a similar thread here?

- Sent from my Brand-New Jailbroken iPad 2! :D

Maberib

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Guys does terminal now work so I can change the root password?

I only ask as there were reports of it not working on the beta jailbreak.

I have MobileTerminal (version 520-1) installed on my iOS 4.3.3 iPad1. It works great. I got it straight from Cydia's home page, where Jay Freeman (saurik) tells you how to use it to change your root password.

Follow this path on Cydia:
Cydia [home] > Root Password How-To > MobileTerminal Package > Modify [button] > Install [button]

Happy hacking!

Marilyn

Hmmmm....which voodoo dance did you do to make it work?....the app opens and then immediately closes on me...and after a reboot.

Cydia only gives me the old version which closes immediately when you open it. But if you download one of the Safari download managers, you can download Mobile Terminal 520 from it's Google Source page here (Downloads - mobileterminal - A GUI Terminal application for the iPhone - Google Project Hosting) then choose to open it with Cydia. Baddabing, baddaboom, working terminal!

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Stay away from intelliscreen, caused my iPad to restart anytime I tried to open an app. Luckily Mickey330 gave me advice that worked and I got it removed. Didn't think to check the info about iOS and devices, I will make sure to do that from now on :)

Most reactions