What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 JB.. Working/non working cydia apps

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ahhhh sheeesh.....
Jailbreak ≠ download pirated apps to your hearts content....

Last edited:

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
For the avoidance of doubt, KaiHD has admitted to buying the wrong version, not to being a pirate... Read his response again...

KaiHD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, certain people need to learn to read the subtle nuances of Internet posts properly. I did highlight the part of Leigh's advice that was relevant to my situation.

KaiHD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm just having a crappy evening. My first experience in JBing totally bombed after the whole keyboard thing. Then this.... Ugh. I have never pirated on iOS before... Truthfully I wanted to, but then I decided no because of the obvious reasons. Anyway, I'll back off now. See you guys after my restore completes in 10+ hours. KaiHD out.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Back on topic..

It appears as though iFile is NOT able to read external storage connected with the CCK on iPad2, whereas it works perfectly on iPad1.

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cydias really sloooooooow, is this because everybody is doing the same thing?

Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
addiosamigo said:
Cydias really sloooooooow, is this because everybody is doing the same thing?

Yes, every time a new jailbreak is released you can expect the sources which Cydia uses to be hammered and therefore error out. NOTE, this is rarely a Cydia problem, it is the sources themselves which are completely separate. Saurik has worked hard to effectively cache and distribute Cydia so that it is responsive...

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
So it is an iFile issue not a JB issue, right? But works good on MY, umm...the iPad 1?

Your such a kid! :)

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
Yes, every time a new jailbreak is released you can expect the sources which Cydia uses to be hammered and therefore error out. NOTE, this is rarely a Cydia problem, it is the sources themselves which are completely separate. Saurik has worked hard to effectively cache and distribute Cydia so that it is responsive...

Gotcha! I'll just be patient!

Aftershock

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Back on topic..

It appears as though iFile is NOT able to read external storage connected with the CCK on iPad2, whereas it works perfectly on iPad1.

It that on the same 4.3.3 firmware on the ipad 1. The last I heard was that in more recent firmwares apple had blocked devices that drew to much power. Or are we talking about externally powered storage?

NickHillUK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
So it is an iFile issue not a JB issue, right? But works good on MY, umm...the iPad 1?

We appear to have parallel threads right now (ifile not reading USB and basic loss of USB support on JB iPad 2) should someone close the other (my) thread and we follow it here?

iWant my iCloud

Most reactions

Latest posts