What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPAD 2 jailbreak 4.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

holymasteric

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got my ipad 2 today in the mail and I've been lurking this forum since I ordered it in April.

Why the hell is it taking so long? Are they just being lazy?

Turns out jailbreaking the A5 chip is a lot more difficult, and apple really is trying hard to stop hackers from being able to jailbreak their devices. I don't know if they're being lazy or not, if so, there really isnt much we can do about it.
I'm not sure if you are familiar with what is really going on since you just got your ipad 2, but comex originally had a jailbreak for 4.3 but was then patched by apple when it came out with 4.3.1. All the other methods used in previous jailbreaks no longer work in the new A5 chip on the iPad 2.
This is basically what's happening: p0sixninja, the one who created greenpois0n, along with geohot, the famous hacker, are said to be racing to "dump the bootroom" of the iPad 2, which does not exactly mean jailbreaking it, but it's a hard intermediate step in finding vulnerabilities in order to jailbreak it. (which might mean that both steps could take a long time.)
On the other hand, i0nic (the security expert who found the vulnerability for the 4.3.1-4.3.3 untethered jailbreak for all other iDevices) has mentioned some sort of "proof of concept" of an iPad 2 jailbreak along with someone named msuiche. But since then there hasn't been any news, and that jailbreak is probably far from finish too.
Hope that answers your question =)

P.S. all those names mentioned above are their twitter account names, where you can get the latest news about the iPad 2 jailbreak and related content

prettyfacejessy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hmmm, hope this jb will be avail for 4.3.3 i got tired of waiting and upgraded my software yesterday!

Sent from Jessy's iPad using iPF

RudyL90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ipadshoeyuk said:
Hi not sure if this been posted yet
but i got this from my twitter just now

iPad 2 Jailbreak Imminent, Brand New Details Here!!!! | iYoshiblog

Sounds like it near for the ipad2

Nice rumour, we will see if it is true, I doubt it. I am not going to be happy with this news, I have been happy with other (fake) news lately and every time I was dissappointed in the end. :)

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

ipadshoeyuk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hmmm, hope this jb will be avail for 4.3.3 i got tired of waiting and upgraded my software yesterday!

Sent from Jessy's iPad using iPF

Hi i have been told it will be for the 4.3.3 firmware which is good then everyone on that is happy or everyone can update there ipad2

murgo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nice rumour, we will see if it is true, I doubt it. I am not going to be happy with this news, I have been happy with other (fake) news lately and every time I was dissappointed in the end. :)

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

indeed, this sounds way too good to be true. guess it's best to not get too excited, but we shouldn't lose hope ;)

Lysin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Damn you... Now I am excited with the news. If this turns out to be fake I will sue you for moral damages... Lol

5150studios

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi everyone, new to the forum and the wonderful work that is the ipad 2

if this is true it is EXCELLENT news.

you have my attention!

Eivind

iPF Noob
Reaction score
5150studios said:
hi everyone, new to the forum and the wonderful work that is the ipad 2

if this is true it is EXCELLENT news.

you have my attention!

welcome to the forum ;)

D_LA_ROC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I believe that last link to be true. And for the people who "doubt it" and never think it's gonna come out, You Don't Deserve A Jailbreak! Keep some faith!

FREE MY iPAD2 

kevbo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
From the website: "Here’s the interesting part, The Dev’s behind dumping the iPad 2 BootRom and this new jailbreak are not releasing themselves."

Could this just be about the msuiche jailbreak? It didn't sound imminent when news of it broke. I wonder if we'll see a mysterious leak to Apple again. When I first read it, I thought it meant that they weren't releasing it to the public, which is kind of the vibe I've been getting for a while.

Also, if the jailbreak came from dumping the bootrom, does that mean it is permanent like SHAtter?

I'm going to go ahead and update from 4.3. It doesn't make much sense for them to release one for a version so outdated.

Cryptic1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Looks like he saying it's a bootrom exploit. That means Apple won't be able to fix it when it comes out. That's great news if it's true. Should be p0sixninja or geohot or both. If it's geohot, that means he found an exploit within a day or 2 of getting his iPad 2. Musclenerd may have had a hand in it as well.

Last edited:

ipadshoeyuk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Looks like he saying it's a bootrom exploit. That means Apple won't be able to fix it when it comes out. That's great news if it's true. Should be p0sixninja or geohot or both. If it's geohot, that means he found an exploit within a day or 2 of getting his iPad 2.

Hi i thought geohot didnt have a ipad2 yet as he is still waiting

Cryptic1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Looks like he saying it's a bootrom exploit. That means Apple won't be able to fix it when it comes out. That's great news if it's true. Should be p0sixninja or geohot or both. If it's geohot, that means he found an exploit within a day or 2 of getting his iPad 2.

Hi i thought geohot didnt have a ipad2 yet as he is still waiting

Just a guess. I've heard rumors that he got one finally, but nothing concrete. There are only so many devs that exploit via bootrom (that we know of ).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts