What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 is not working after upgrade ios 7.1.1 and a screen repair. Help!

1huneybun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My ipad 2 had a cracked screen for a while. I would still use it till one day I upgraded to ios 7 and after that it was messed up. I was on beta ios 7.0.6. So I was attempting to jail break but could not because my screen was about to cave in. So I replaced the screen with out any problems to my knowledge. Once the new screen was on I plugged into ITunes and it put me on ios 7.1.1 unexpectedly. I do not want ios 7! The screen shakes uncontrollably at times. Apps open and close themselves. The battery drains very fast. The battery drains even when not in use. Why is jailbreak taking so long with ios 7.1.1 or is this normal? I need to get back to ios 6.1 or could this possibly be from the screen replacement?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My ipad 2 had a cracked screen for a while. I would still use it till one day I upgraded to ios 7 and after that it was messed up. I was on beta ios 7.0.6. So I was attempting to jail break but could not because my screen was about to cave in. So I replaced the screen with out any problems to my knowledge. Once the new screen was on I plugged into ITunes and it put me on ios 7.1.1 unexpectedly. I do not want ios 7! The screen shakes uncontrollably at times. Apps open and close themselves. The battery drains very fast. The battery drains even when not in use. Why is jailbreak taking so long with ios 7.1.1 or is this normal? I need to get back to ios 6.1 or could this possibly be from the screen replacement?
#1 There never was a beta version of iOS 7.0.6 released to the public or to iOS developers.

#2 The problems with your replaced screen are almost certainly caused by a defective touchscreen, causing spurious inputs that show the problems you're seeing. You may have accidentally damaged the screen during the replacement process or it may have been defective when purchased.

#3 There is no jailbreak available for iOS 7.1.1, no amount of trying will jailbreak an iPad on that iOS version.

#4 I've deleted your other post on this same topic as duplicate posts can fragment any resulting conversations, making them hard to follow. They're also against the forum rules.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts