What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad crashed after trying to upgrade iOS

Kimwomz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi help me please! I tried to download an upgrade to the iOS software. Just after I started the upgrade my iPad crashed, the screen has a picture of iTunes plus the white connector cord. Does anyone know what I can do to restore my iPad. I love my iPad and I am going crazy without it! Thank you in advance for any help.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi help me please! I tried to download an upgrade to the iOS software. Just after I started the upgrade my iPad crashed, the screen has a picture of iTunes plus the white connector cord. Does anyone know what I can do to restore my iPad. I love my iPad and I am going crazy without it! Thank you in advance for any help.

Hi, welcome to iPF!

This link will show you what to do: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1414
If it doesn't work, place your iPad into recovery mode: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1808

OP
K

Kimwomz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you J.A. for your quick response and solution. I am going to try your suggestion now, will let you know how I go. Thank you sooo much. Kimkim

OP
K

Kimwomz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Johanna,
I have tried your suggestion but have come up with the following window "iTunes has detected an iPad in recovery mode. You must restore this iPad before it can be used with iTunes."
I looked at the link you gave me for restore, unfortunately I could follow how to restore via that link!
What do you suggest I do from here?
Thank you, Kimkim

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Johanna,
I have tried your suggestion but have come up with the following window "iTunes has detected an iPad in recovery mode. You must restore this iPad before it can be used with iTunes."
I looked at the link you gave me for restore, unfortunately I could follow how to restore via that link!
What do you suggest I do from here?
Thank you, Kimkim

Did you only try my first link, or my second one as well? If placing into recovery mode doesn't work at the first time, try it again. Follow the steps described there exactly.

Last edited:

Most reactions