What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 iOS5 jailbreak discussion thread

brrip

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I realised there wasn't such a thread yet.

Throw in any rumours/news/anything you hear about progress in this department into this thread.

iOS5 is out October 12, so how long will it take for jailbreak to be out?

Last I heard, there were at least 5 userland jailbreaks for iOS 5. Wonder how long the devs will take to release one of those 5 after the release.

Exciting times for us iPad 2 owners. I say that because... iPad 1 owners will always have jailbreak thanks to the bootrom exploits. Wonder how far away into the future that is for us!

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iOS 5 GM is available to devs. The current redsnow will untethered jailbreak it. When jailbreaking, open the beta 9 .ipsw instead of the GM .ipsw. Redsnow will have an update very soon. iPad 1 only though for now.

Last edited:

Sonicrobby

iPF Novice
Reaction score
graywolf said:
iOS 5 GM is available to devs. The current redsnow will untethered jailbreak it. When jailbreaking, open the beta 9 .ipsw instead of the GM .ipsw. Redsnow will have an update very soon.

There is untethered for ios5?

OP
B

brrip

iPF Noob
Reaction score
not yet, and redsnow is isn't for ipad 2 anyway.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
"They've" already jail broken the Gold Medal release of iOS5 - but that is ONLY for iPad1 and only as a tethered jalibreak.

Please, when posting .... Always be aware of the audience (what they may/may not know or remember) and always, always ID to which iPad something applies. Prevents confusion and stops people's hope from rising too soon or too fast.

Thanks.

Marilyn

OP
B

brrip

iPF Noob
Reaction score
sorry coach! i thought i was pretty clear, with the title being ipad 2 and all. =/ just trying to get a thread started like we had prior to the 4.3.3 jailbreak for the ipad 2. so far not working though haha

Most reactions