What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 - How to Wipe Out

Victoria022

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi Everyone. I hope you are all doing great.

My brother bought an Ipad 2 that is working. When he returned home, he turned off the ipad and turned it on again but he was surprised that the iPad requires a pincode which he knew nothing about. He contacted the seller but he can't be reached at all. I tried to bypass the code and it went well but there's this email that has to entered before the bypass process is completed. Now, my last option is to just wipe out the program in iPad 2 but the problem is, I really do not know how to do it. Is there anyone who can help me out with this please? If there's a process, software or company that can sort out the issue without costing us that much, then please let me know.

Thank you.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Try recovery mode to wipe it: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1808
This will erase and restore the iPad.

There's something you should keep in mind:
If the software was up tp date, and Find my iPad was enabled, there's no way to activate it, though. Your beother will have to contact the previous owner to remove it from his iCloud account, which will erase the iPad, so that it can be set up with the new Apple ID. Otherwise he won't be able to use it.

Hope that helps.

Elvis Q. Belushi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try recovery mode to wipe it: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1808
This will erase and restore the iPad.

There's something you should keep in mind:
If the software was up tp date, and Find my iPad was enabled, there's no way to activate it, though. Your beother will have to contact the previous owner to remove it from his iCloud account, which will erase the iPad, so that it can be set up with the new Apple ID. Otherwise he won't be able to use it.

Hope that helps.
separate problem, but a related issue:

i have a friend's ipad, and she wants to wipe/reinitialize/recover to factory specs. "find my ipad" has been enabled, but she has absolutely no clue what the password is for the iCloud account. and the iCloud account is different than her apple ID (of course).

is there a "deeper" recover mode available?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
separate problem, but a related issue:

i have a friend's ipad, and she wants to wipe/reinitialize/recover to factory specs. "find my ipad" has been enabled, but she has absolutely no clue what the password is for the iCloud account. and the iCloud account is different than her apple ID (of course).

is there a "deeper" recover mode available?
No, there isn't. But the good news: iCloud is also an Apple ID, and there's a way to reset the password, if you/she forgot it. Follow this link: https://appleid.apple.com
Select "Manage Apple ID" and then choose "Forgot your password?" on the next page. Follow the instructions to reset it.

Hope that helps.

Most reactions

Latest posts