What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 hours out my life ??

chadda

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Loads of pictures on my lap in deferent folders ie kids holidays ect after spending over two hours sorting files and sending them to the ipad using itunes I realize each folder I send just over wrights the last one ?? First one kids around 1g second wedding 250m ect ect only to finish up with only the last one I put in eeeeerrrrrr hair pulling time !!!!!! Is there any outher program than itune I think it’s the most
Un user friendly load of crap any help please

OP
C

chadda

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did you try putting all the folders in one folder (so that they are sub-folders) before transferring?

The Archangel
thanks for your reply
no i didn’t try that as i did want them in there own folder !!!
Think the light has just come on ??? So if I send the whole lot over then sort them on the ipad its self ?

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks for your reply
no i didn’t try that as i did want them in there own folder !!!
Think the light has just come on ??? So if I send the whole lot over then sort them on the ipad its self ?

Not quite, my understanding is, you put them in there own folders (as you want) then put all those folders in another folder, when you transfer the main folder the structure should appear on your iPad.

It's an easy thing to test, make two folders, put one photo in each, then put those folders in another and transfer across, if it works then woohoo, if it doesn't then you haven't wasted a lot of time!

The Archangel

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Not quite, my understanding is, you put them in there own folders (as you want) then put all those folders in another folder, when you transfer the main folder the structure should appear on your iPad.

It's an easy thing to test, make two folders, put one photo in each, then put those folders in another and transfer across, if it works then woohoo, if it doesn't then you haven't wasted a lot of time!

The Archangel

Yep. That's how it works. Each folder in the main folder becomes an album.

iOS and iPod: Syncing photos using iTunes

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Another thing I discovered...finally, after much experimentation: the photos within an iPad album are sorted in the order of their creation dates, not their modification dates or alphabetically. I haven't found a way to edit creation dates on the iPad, but there are a number of free utilities to do it (clumsily) on my iMac before transfer to the iPad. The rationale makes sense, but it didn't work all that well with images scanned out of order from slides. If I'd known, I would've been more careful to order them before scanning.

This post handcrafted from 100 percent post-consumer recycled electrons.

OP
C

chadda

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Another problem ??

Ok all pictures in different named folder went in by putting them in one folder all 5430 of them !!!! So if I want say to put another 60 or so more pictures in the holiday folder would I then have to re send the main folder again now containing 5490 ? Also is it not possible to delete one or two pictures in any one folder
Many thanks

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You set the folders up the way you want them on your computer, and iTunes will make sure they end up the same way on your iPad. When you sync, only new images are added; the old ones aren't resent, unless you renamed or otherwise changed them. If you remove one from its folder on the computer, it will disappear from the iPad as well next time you sync.

OP
C

chadda

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You set the folders up the way you want them on your computer, and iTunes will make sure they end up the same way on your iPad. When you sync, only new images are added; the old ones aren't resent, unless you renamed or otherwise changed them. If you remove one from its folder on the computer, it will disappear from the iPad as well next time you sync.

many thanks cheers

Most reactions

Latest posts