What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just Some Tips I came to use on my iPAD

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
1. Put your most used App on the DocK ( the 6 iCons at the Button)
2. Put the most used applications on the Home Screen ( the 1st one after search). A Single Click on the Home Bottom will bring you there.
3. Leave the Screen after the Home Screen Empty (except some Folder with something in it). That is the folder a new application will be downloaded into. So you can find it easily.
4. Make a one page PDF with a title "Reading " and put it to thr right of the current book or magazine you are currently reading in iBook.
5. Put a reminder on you Calender, for 2 weeks before your credit card expires ( th one used for AppStore)
6. Make it a habit to charge the iPAD every night. No limit for that (Charging 5 times with 20% each time is still considered by Apple as a single charge cycle )
7. Clean all open Applications (click twice Home) at least every 3 days.
8. Reset the iPAD once every month.
9. Make your PDF shelf on iBook - Clean. That way you will always find the new PDF files (Magazines) you load into your iPAD. Once it's there - Move it to the target new Shelf.
10. On iTunes. The only automatic Sync is the Application. Un-Check the rest. you can always Sync Manually.
11. You must have at least one more PC with the same iTunes Account, to be synced with your iPAD. That is your most important backup.

Have more practical tips - will be glad to learn.

OP
peled

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What is the purpose of the 1 page PDF in iBook?
I have many Shelves loaded with magazines. So I have one shelf with say 20 Computer magazines. Another one with 30 Science Magazines and another one with Sport Magazines.
I may Read at the same time a Sport Magazine a PC Magazine and maybe on page 40 in a Science Magazine.
Some times it is hard to remember which Magazine I am reading right now.
So I have a one Page PDF with an Arrow to the left on each Shelf pointing to the current Magazine I am reading.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Attachments

• Book.jpg
    Book.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 322
Last edited:

uniquename

iPF Noob
Reaction score
6. Make it a habit to charge the iPAD every night. No limit for that (Charging 5 times with 20% each time is still considered by Apple as a single charge cycle )

I don't get this. New to ipad...but is there a limit to the number of charges it will take? I do get where you say it will take them and add together, but as far as 100% charges, is there a day it will say "you've charged too many times, send to Apple"?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I don't get this. New to ipad...but is there a limit to the number of charges it will take? I do get where you say it will take them and add together, but as far as 100% charges, is there a day it will say "you've charged too many times, send to Apple"?

The battery eventually 'wears out'.

Have a look at Apple's official line

Apple - Batteries - iPad

Tim
Scotland

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
uniquename said:

The battery is rated at having a specific number of maximum charge cycles before being no good anymore. It is a very high number so no need to worry. Once battery is going downhill, you will know and then take it to apple to exchange for a small exchange fee. More thn likely they'll just give you another iPad then.

Sent From IPF app, if u need to know about the wonders of Jailbrake, inbox me!

gatecitycanes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'll tell you guys what, I decided last Wednesday to run the battery all the way down to 0 from 100% and it was hard as heck to do. I finally got it down to 2% by Saturday night and I just decided to charge it then.

Most reactions

Latest posts