What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 event! Wow! not, rather "ehnt"

Hrothgar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm liking the hdmi output option that works with any app, cameras, and improved performance. You'll notice the F word was not mentioned at all, Flash must be a seriously dirty word at Apple. Garage band looks great too, just the kind of app that may bring in some new iPad customers. All in all a thumbs up for me.

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like it. Its a major overhaul IMO. U cant deny it. But i still love my ipad imhave now. Thats the crazy thing about it. The ipad experience gets better in better. Im torn whether i want ipad2 or not. Or juss wait till ipad3....ahhhhhhhh! Lol

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Trouble is with a double speed chip and accelerated graphics devs will want to push the envelope.
Think of Infinity's Blade or Need for speed optimised for it.
Can see legacy software appearing sooner than I'd guessed.

y2kgtp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am happy still with my 1st gen iPad. I just hope too many developers won't max out the new A5 Chip and make applications that won't run on the first version very well. i'm not a hardcore 3D game player, so this likely won't affect me much. I prefer the casual games to lay in bed with.

They still have 16 million + users to think about at least.

Gunny008

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Still no mention on the ram?

I hope it's increased otherwise the dual cores are going to be irrelevant

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Still no mention on the ram?

I hope it's increased otherwise the dual cores are going to be irrelevant

I just checked apple website as its updated with new ipad2. No mention of ram but im pretty sure it has at least 512 mb of ram. No way u can have dual core n still use 256mb ram.lol. Id bet on it, 512 mb or more, watch!

Gunny008

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Demandarin said:
I just checked apple website as its updated with new ipad2. No mention of ram but im pretty sure it has at least 512 mb of ram. No way u can have dual core n still use 256mb ram.lol. Id bet on it, 512 mb or more, watch!

Yeah my thoughts exactly

It does make you wonder why jobs didn't include it in his keynote, he could have easily added 512MB under the dual core information.

y2kgtp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Demandarin said:

Yeah my thoughts exactly

It does make you wonder why jobs didn't include it in his keynote, he could have easily added 512MB under the dual core information.

The average consumer does not care.

Faster, Thinner & Lighter for the same price.

OP
Hal05154

Hal05154

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For those of us NOT in garage bands, already have a blue ray, and 1st gen ipad, nothing excited me. Sure, the A5 is nice, but I haven't heard the developers screaming HALLELUJAH! to the heavens over it. I hope Infinity Blade will update nicely for the 1st gen too.

I just didn't get excited... No SD slot, not USB, smaller lighter, whoop dee doo. 1080 is nice, but not worth shelling out for a new one yet.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Demandarin said:

Yeah my thoughts exactly

The average consumer does not care.

Faster, Thinner & Lighter for the same price.

Also, no matter how well the iPad 2 runs, if you say 512 mb of RAM and the competition is touting 1 GB of RAM, you lose. Apple does well to stay away from the spec war and conentrate on the experience. Anyone can cobble together a 'spec impressive' product and undersell you.

Before I hear about it, that is not a shot at the competition, at least not the top of the line competition. Chinese knockoffs, yeah, I'll send a couple rounds that way.

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love the new ipad2 outlook but pisses me off all this coulda easily been implemented in our current models. Regardless of what anyone says. There was no major breakthrough in technology, apps, software, or pricing that this could not have been done on 1 st generation. Apple is greedy n unfortunately! Its a great business strategy. Ipad 2 owners are gonna want an jpad3 once released with new display and even beefier specs. They will feel the same way, watch. I can only sigh...ahhhh! I want ipad2 but refuse to give up on ipad1. Its been very good to me. It costs too much to be upgrading every few months. Im not rich, along with most current ipad owners. These kinds of updates are getting old and tiresome and annoying. Apple shoulda done it right first time aroumd and had all of this on first ipad. Then wait till around christmas time to bring ipad2 withnnew retina qualitu display....i hate the strategies they use but from a business standpoint, its very smart. Kepp pickin our pockets wanting us want mkre n more when they coulve easily had all thos the first time around. Sorry to be ranting but now im gettin mad about ipad2. Ima hold out as long as i can till ipad 3.
Starting to seem unlikely ipad3 will be released b4 the end of the year. Reason being apple constantly quotes saying 2011 is the year of the ipad2!
I still luv my current ipad and will max out the capabilities of it!

OP
Hal05154

Hal05154

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Demandarin said:
I love the new ipad2 outlook but pisses me off all this coulda easily been implemented in our current models. Regardless of what anyone says. There was no major breakthrough in technology, apps, software, or pricing that this could not have been done on 1 st generation. Apple is greedy n unfortunately! Its a great business strategy. Ipad 2 owners are gonna want an jpad3 once released with new display and even beefier specs. They will feel the same way, watch. I can only sigh...ahhhh! I want ipad2 but refuse to give up on ipad1. Its been very good to me. It costs too much to be upgrading every few months. Im not rich, along with most current ipad owners. These kinds of updates are getting old and tiresome and annoying. Apple shoulda done it right first time aroumd and had all of this on first ipad. Then wait till around christmas time to bring ipad2 withnnew retina qualitu display....i hate the strategies they use but from a business standpoint, its very smart. Kepp pickin our pockets wanting us want mkre n more when they coulve easily had all thos the first time around. Sorry to be ranting but now im gettin mad about ipad2. Ima hold out as long as i can till ipad 3.
Starting to seem unlikely ipad3 will be released b4 the end of the year. Reason being apple constantly quotes saying 2011 is the year of the ipad2!
I still luv my current ipad and will max out the capabilities of it!

1+!!

Reaction score
Well, it is nice and until I have it in my hands won't know if it is faster. Having said that, it'll be painful to realize that it is and that 6 months after having bought my very expensive toy will not be powerful enough for the new kinds of apps like Garage Band which I really like.
F........ Jobs should have said something like "Since we claim that our products are fully recyclable, bring us your 1st gen ipad and we'll give you a new one for $100 more." Now, who wouldn't consider that?
Just saying....

Most reactions

Latest posts