What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 owners, will you get the 3?

tazz3

iPF Novice
Reaction score
hello all i saw this this on another forum and its a good question for you guys and gals here
all of you that bought the iPad 2 are you planning on getting the next generation ipad3 or just keep the ipad2

gtsmith3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'll just wait until the iPad 4 comes. It could get pretty expensive buying a new iPad or iPhone every time a new one is released. I suggest every other one.

madsquabbles

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i may do neither. give my daughter my ipad2 or sell it and just stick with my android tablets - 4 already and growing. she could have had my first ipad, but she wanted one of my android tablets instead. i'll give her the choice again in a few months.

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
Just keep the iPad 2.

I'm not personally a fan boy that just buys all products and updates ever produced. Nothing wrong with that of course, but when you have a house and a family to keep these 'toys' aren't a financial priority.

If money was no object? Then no. For me I can't see a huge enough incentive or upgrade from me to buy ipad3.
Other than faster processing (the ipad2 is way fast enough for my current needs), larger memory space (I only use around 1/3 of my current 64 gig), finer ressy screen (again, iPad2 already has a beautiful screen. I'm really not bothered on the retina display issue), better camera (I only use mine for Skype, which is more than adequate) and other bits and bobs, no,

Besides, I've spent this last year getting my ipad2 just the way I like it. It's now part of me. I can't be arsed setting up a new device for not much noticeable return to be honest.

I'd certainly entertain the idea of ipad4 or 5 tho. But again, what ground breaking wow factor can it offer possibly? If it's just more of the above I've just mentioned then no, not interested.

ACALLEN75

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I will keep my IP2. Heck, I just bought it two weeks ago and it is currently everything I need and then some.

Wolfpuppies3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Change to what?

Tell me with certainty what the 3 will have different from the 2 and I will answer the question. Faster processor, functional cameras, and better graphics might cause me to upgrade and gift my 2 to a family member. Less than that - no. Not unlike the question of upgrading my iPhone 4 to an iPhone 4S - didn't as there were not significant enough changes made to the 4S. If the 5 has a 4" screen, better camera, faster processor, etc. Maybe I'll up to that this Summer. But upgrade just because a new model is available makes little or no financial sense to me. I do not do that with automobiles or televisions either.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It depends. I use my 2 daily and would appreciate a much better display. So if that is what the next iPad has to offer, I may upgrade. If not, I won't.

schwazche

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It really depends on whether Apple releases it with 5.1 or not. I love SBSettings, MyWi, etc... too much to make the jump if it's not 5.0.1.

Time will tell, but my instinct has me believing that Apple won't release the iPad3 with a jailbreakable iOS.

Just my $.02.. :D

wyonana

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I see where you say,you have your iPad the way you want it. Can you help me by telling me if you have Microsoft word and if you do where and how did you get it?

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just keep the iPad 2.

I'm not personally a fan boy that just buys all products and updates ever produced. Nothing wrong with that of course, but when you have a house and a family to keep these 'toys' aren't a financial priority.

If money was no object? Then no. For me I can't see a huge enough incentive or upgrade from me to buy ipad3.
Other than faster processing (the ipad2 is way fast enough for my current needs), larger memory space (I only use around 1/3 of my current 64 gig), finer ressy screen (again, iPad2 already has a beautiful screen. I'm really not bothered on the retina display issue), better camera (I only use mine for Skype, which is more than adequate) and other bits and bobs, no,

Besides, I've spent this last year getting my ipad2 just the way I like it. It's now part of me. I can't be arsed setting up a new device for not much noticeable return to be honest.

I'd certainly entertain the idea of ipad4 or 5 tho. But again, what ground breaking wow factor can it offer possibly? If it's just more of the above I've just mentioned then no, not interested.

Amen, brother. Im with ya. My iPad 2 is running like a raped ape right now. Its just the way I want it with the apps I regularly use and enjoy. Its not going anywhere. The updates in the 3 arent enough to draw me in. The display is fine, the speed is fine, and everything else about the ipad 2 is fine.

Just for the record, people with no ipad should probably just get the newest model but there will be killer deals on the earlier gen ipads so they are worth a look.

Most reactions

Latest posts