What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPAD 2 does not turn on.

lincoln1960

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Last week I bought an IPAD2 and to my surprise it fails when I try to turn it on. Took it to Apple Store in NYC and they reinstalled the OS.
The device is still failing, I cannot turn it on. My first experience with Apple:thumbsdown: and believe it is far from being a pleasant one. Please help.
thank you.

Redneck_Randy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hold the On/Off button for 5 to 7 seconds. That should either bring it out of sleep or turn the ipad on

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Can you give us a few more details to see if we can assist you?

When you say you can't turn it on, what are you trying? What happens? What button(s) are you pressing? Is anything shown on the device screen at all? Is the device fully charged? Have you used the original wall charger which came with the device to charge it? Are you using the original cable?

kandaey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hold the middle bottom and the top black button together until you see the apple sign

Most reactions

Latest posts