What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 dock with smart cover

JimR123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

I've got the iPad 2 dock, and a smart cover to specifically protect the screen while the iPad 2 is on the dock.

However, I've found that the iPad doesn't fit on the dock with the smart cover on, due to the lip on the front of the dock.

I've read suggestions that you can use the iPad 1 dock, but I have one and find that the angles are just wrong, due to the different shape between old and new iPads, causing strain on the connector.

Other than taking a file to my iPad 2 dock, or folding back the cover, are there any other solutions out there? Perhaps a dock for iPad 2 that doesn't have the lip?

srsivils

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good luck with this one! I'll be paying attention to this thread!

OP
J

JimR123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks :) I can't believe it didn't occur to Apple that the cover and the dock would be used together!

OP
J

JimR123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anybody else use the dock and smart cover together? How are you getting on with it?

gary85_ke

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can't be done. Usually I just take out my iPad smart cover before I use my iPad on the dock.

OP
J

JimR123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So are there any other solutions? A dock by another manufacturer that is made specifically for the iPad 2 perhaps?

Most reactions